treeItem memory leak

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

wang37921
Just popping in
Just popping in

treeItem memory leak

Postby wang37921 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 02:54

when treeItem is auto-deleted by Tree, or developer. The treeItem's child not be deleted, also the child which is tag by auto-deleted.
In Tree's destruct function, it calls resetList_impl to delete auto-delete child treeitem.
so i add two functions, name resetList and resetList_impl, and add resetList_impl in destruct function...copy ceguitree's code :rofl:
freedom to developer or a bug?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: treeItem memory leak

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Mar 04, 2011 08:30

1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... 8... 9... 10... Grrrrr... Nope, counting to 10 does not help.... ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH! I really, really, really hate this tree :evil:

The fact that there have been so, so many issues with this one component should serve as an example to everyone as to why I am so very strict about what does and does not go into the CEGUI code base. I will reiterate that this code should never have been put into CEGUI, and the people responsible for doing this should be ashamed of themselves.

/rant

:lol:

Ok. Yes, I can confirm this as an issue. I will add a ticket for it so that it gets fixed.

Thanks a lot for raising the issue!

CE.

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”