Filenames of CMake generated libraries and directories

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

knewton
Just popping in
Just popping in

Filenames of CMake generated libraries and directories

Postby knewton » Wed Jul 03, 2013 15:25

Hi,

when building CEGUI 0.8.2 with CMake, most libraries get the filename along a pattern like CEGUIBase-0.lib, etc. and the installation directories like cegui-0. Wouldn't it be better to name them with the correct, complete version string!? For example:

CEGUIBase-0.lib -> CEGUIBase-0.8.2.lib

cegui-0\ -> cegui-0.8.2\

In order to achieve that, all appearances within the CMakeLists.txt and cmake/CEGUIMacros.cmake files of:

Code: Select all

-${CEGUI_VERSION_MAJOR}.${CEGUI_VERSION_MINOR}

or

-${CEGUI_VERSION_MAJOR}

Should be replaced by:

-${CEGUI_VERSION}

Further question: Why are some files created with version suffix and some of them are not?

Best regards,
Knewton

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: Filenames of CMake generated libraries and directories

Postby Kulik » Wed Jul 03, 2013 15:32

Definitely not. To understand the reasoning behind this, please look into what API compatibility and ABI compatibility mean.

The suffixes are there to allow 2 CEGUIs of different API versions to coexist on a system gracefully. They are omitted in loadable modules names because loadable modules can just be put into another folder and all will be well.

belial
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: Filenames of CMake generated libraries and directories

Postby belial » Sat Jul 20, 2013 13:58

Hi all,

I am havig a problem with the include path, in 0.7.9 I had:

#include <CEGUI/CEGUI.h>

which is the cegui include path (/usr/local/include/CEGUI/CEGUI.h) and worked fine.

In 0.8.2 I added in cmake-gui the new include and lib folder and changed the include code to:

#include <cegui-0/CEGUI/CEGUI.h>

Ok, but then I had other errors, looked into CEGUI.h (ando some other files) and saw that it keeps searching the includes the same way:

#include <CEGUI/someFile.h>

It does not find them since they are in cegui-0/CEGUI (QT creator also shows that).

I think this is because CEGUI's base path to search include files is /usr/local/include/ instead of the full include path as it is with other applications. Please help mi with this issue, I don't know what to do.

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”