[SUGGESTION][XML Parser]PugiXML and IncredibleXMLParser

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

arkdemon
Just popping in
Just popping in

[SUGGESTION][XML Parser]PugiXML and IncredibleXMLParser

Postby arkdemon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:17

Hello everyone. I searched the Internet for which XML Parser I should use with CEGUI and I stumbled upon pugiXML and IncredibleXMLParser. They seem to be very fast.pugiXML is still in development (not very active though) whilst IncredibleXMLParser seems to be "dead" and I think it would be interesting to incorporate them into CEGUI (IMHO).

Ident
CEGUI Team

Re: [SUGGESTION][XML Parser]PugiXML and IncredibleXMLParser

Postby Ident » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:42

We won't incoporate a "dead" xml parser and also not an in-development one. If you want a fast one then choose RapidXML. It is already supported by CEGUI and according to benchmarking it is the fastest one we have. If you really want to add a plugin for either of those xml parser you mentioned then feel free to provide it and if it meets quality standards we can make it part of CEGUI. However we already support a lot of parsers and I think there is no reason to add more.

Also I am in fact pretty sure that the ones you mentioned will not be faster, or at least not significantly faster, than RapidXML. Please provide factual information if you wanna convince me of the opposite.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

arkdemon
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby arkdemon » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:26

OK. It was only a suggestion so if you are against it ,then no problem.

PS: RapidXML is dead: latest version is 1.13 which arrived in 2009-05-15 (http://sourceforge.net/projects/rapidxm ... ml%201.13/)
and when I said "in development" I meant that it there were still releases which improved it (like CEGUI now).

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:32

RapidXML works and is fast and also used commercially. You can try to integrate one of the mentioned XML parsers and see if they are faster than RapidXML. If that is the case and they work well and the integration is good i am not against it at all. Don't get me wrong.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”