Site/wiki questions from a returning user

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

kornerr
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Site/wiki questions from a returning user

Postby kornerr » Tue Jul 01, 2014 17:09

Hi. I am a returning user. I used CEGUI 0.7 successfully before and would like to use CEGUI 0.8 now.
The first thing I was searching for is how to port my 0.7 code to 0.8 one. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the link anywhere on the site and the wiki. I think porting guide is a very important aspect for all returning users and it deserves an easily noticeable place on the site.
After Kulik gave me the direct link to the porting guide: http://cegui.org.uk/wiki/Changes_and_Po ... _for_0.8.0 several questions arose.

1. CEGUI::Window was renamed to CEGUI::Widget as Widget is the coined term for that, WindowManager renamed to WidgetManager, etc... (not in mercurial yet!)

Is it in mercurial now? If not, where is it? And what does it mean anyway? Why do I need to know that?

2. The stock/standard window renderer set (now widget renderer set) FalagardWRBase was renamed to StandardWRSet to avoid confusion with core Falagard facilities (not in mercurial yet!)

What is widget renderer set? And how is it different from stock/standard window renderer set?

3. Many event string values changed to match the C++ name (but without the Event prefix). A list of which strings changed value will appear here soon.

Has this been added?

4. Window::isVisible(localOnly) is now split into Window::isVisible (= old isDisabled(true) and Window::isEffectiveVisible (= old isVisible(false))

Typo?

5. All XML datafiles must specify a version attribute. Example: <GUILayout version="4">

How do I know which version to specify?
Open Source all the way, baby ;)
Opensource Game Studio

Ident
CEGUI Team

Re: Site/wiki questions from a returning user

Postby Ident » Tue Jul 01, 2014 19:12

1. I removed this "tip", since it was wrong.
2. also removed. I think what this meant was that FalagardWRBase is called CoreWRSet
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

kornerr
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby kornerr » Wed Jul 02, 2014 04:41

Yeah. That last sentence would be enough without delving into details which I as a user of 0.7 didn't even know.
Open Source all the way, baby ;)
Opensource Game Studio

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Wed Jul 02, 2014 07:37

I dont know about 3 and 4, but for 5 I suggest to just look at the stock datafiles.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”