Direct3D10 Renderer D3DX library dependency drop.

If you found a bug in our library or on our website, please report it in this section. In this forum you can also make concrete suggestions or feature requests.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

xordi
Just popping in
Just popping in

Direct3D10 Renderer D3DX library dependency drop.

Postby xordi » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:32

I was able to port D3D10 Renderer to drop dependency from D3DX library... and I used DirectXMath which is all inlined and C++ SIMD graphics math library.
I don't know nothing about performance increase, but I believe there is some advantages, for example D3DX tools library is deprecated for Windows 8 (and not supported for Windows Store Apps).

If someone is interested to have look at the code I can post it. (I must say I'm beginner in C++ so someone will have to edit my code).

What do you think guys?

lucebac
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Re: Direct3D10 Renderer D3DX library dependency drop.

Postby lucebac » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:09

Why do we need to ask you for your code?
If you want to share something with us, paste it!

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:19

Ident has changed the DX renderers in default branch to use glm and D3DX is not needed there anymore.

We haven't backported this to 0.8 because it's a breaking change.

xordi
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby xordi » Mon Oct 13, 2014 13:01

Of course You don't have to ask for the code, I was afraid that no one will be interested to this...

That's folder with my Direct3D renderer. Most old code I've commented.

All I know that "it works".

http://www41.zippyshare.com/v/57921670/file.html

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Thu Feb 19, 2015 00:17

Hi, thanks for sharing this, unfortunately your files are gone, as I was a bit late for the party. Somehow overlooked the post.

As mentioned i made a D3D11Renderer in the default branch (upcoming 1.0 release) that does not have ANY dependencies at all not even dxmath. Just the most basic d3d libraries. So for the 1.0 Release your changes are not needed unless there is a reason we would need a D3D10Renderer (when D3D11 should be perfectly backwards compatible) - in that case give reasons please.

Regarding 0.8.X: I think we cannot replace the existing Renderer there without breaking code for some people. I would have to look into it more though, because maybe it is possible.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

xordi
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby xordi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 00:37

I re send my source, however since my last post nothing has changed. You can have a look.

http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/TmWorDT4/file.html

Now I'm working on something more challenging. I'm trying to add ffmpeg library widget to play some video with audio.
Now I stuck on WASAPI.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sun Mar 08, 2015 01:08

video-playing in CEGUI would be super-awesome. Is this only possible with D3D in that setup you mentioned? I dont know the library.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

xordi
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby xordi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 02:26

I saw ffmpeg renderers on GL, GLES, DX9,10 (using DXVA or without), its all about having shaders written to display and scale YUV textures, or can use built-in library software converter to convert it into D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8 texture.
The ffmpeg is multi platform library, I saw builds of ffmpeg on android, linux, iOS.

I am using well known multi-platform opensource video player as an reference, meanwhile I write widget for wxWidgets as well.

Definitely I have small amount of time for all of that, as I do for living very different(than coding) and time consuming job...

(sorry for my English, that isn't my 1st language)

Return to “Bug Reports, Suggestions, Feature Requests”