OpenGL Renderer

Projects using CEGUI or any kind of implementation revolving around CEGUI - Post it here!
Showing off screenshots and giving a short description is highly encouraged!

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

mwstrom
Just popping in
Just popping in

OpenGL Renderer

Postby mwstrom » Sun Oct 24, 2004 05:34

I updated the simple project above with the latest CE code, I also stripped out some of the boost stuff now that boost::bind is not used.

I also noticed that my targa loader doesn't support RLE so you might need replace the texture loader or save your targas with no RLE.

I also have an OpenSceneGraph implementation that uses my openglrenderer, if anyone is interested let me know.

--Mark

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

OpenGL Renderer

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun Oct 24, 2004 08:05

Cool :) I have 'stickied' this thread (not that you could lose it). I still intend to get the OpenGL renderer into CVS at some point before Christmas ;)

Thanks for updating the sample project.

CE.

mwstrom
Just popping in
Just popping in

OpenGL Renderer

Postby mwstrom » Wed Oct 27, 2004 00:14

jeckil-

One of your included files confilicts with std::min/max, the below code needs to be added to one of your headers:

#undef min
#undef max

The problem is probably related to the version of glut you are using, So I added my version of glut to the simple project. Download the latest version of simpleproject and it should do the trick.

toms-

I uploaded my osg implementation to:
http://home.comcast.net/~strommw/osgdrawable.rar
The code is intended for a game engine that I work with based on osg and it basically inherits from osgdrawable. If you know osg it should be easy to figure out to purely implement this into osg.

You might want to get my latest simple project code and rebuild my openglrenderer.lib, I added another constructor and some auto linking:
http://home.comcast.net/~strommw/simpleproject.rar

--Mark

mwstrom
Just popping in
Just popping in

OpenGL Renderer

Postby mwstrom » Sat Nov 06, 2004 05:54

toms,

my texture loader might be a bit screwy, I got it from someone else. If you are still having problems just replace my tga loader with the osg texture loader.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

OpenGL Renderer

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Dec 08, 2004 15:00

I have finished the 'first draft' of my refactoring work on Marks original code, prior to including the OpenGL renderer in CVS.

If anyone wants to test this. they can download the zip file from here: http://crazy-eddie.myby.co.uk/files/oglrenderer_pre-cvs.zip. You need to add the project to your workspace / solution.

Important: There is a compile time option to enable or disable the use of the DevIL library. This option is currently on by default. The symbol that control this is currently defined in ./include/renderers/OpenGLGUIRenderer/openglrenderer.h.

CE.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

OpenGL Renderer

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Dec 10, 2004 14:32

Just a very quick note to say that the package in the above post is now updated to go via the new resource provider system.

I also fixed the bug in the RLE decoding code for the non-DevIL Targa loader, so that option now works correctly with compressed .tga files.

CE.

Return to “User Projects”