OGRE/CEGUI Ogg Theora player

Projects using CEGUI or any kind of implementation revolving around CEGUI - Post it here!
Showing off screenshots and giving a short description is highly encouraged!

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

pjcast
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby pjcast » Tue Sep 28, 2004 01:50

Well, as some from the Ogre forums may know, I have been working on a plugin to play Theora video files...

Well, yesterday I started to make the switch to CEGUI, and I must say that I like it much better than the Ogre GUI! Good job CE.

:arrow: New Demo
Ogre Theora Demo using CEGUI - here - win32 binaries only, sorry.

I look forward to using your GUI in my other projects too. :D

edit:

All major bugs should be removed, please let me know of any bugs discovered.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 08:45

Cool :) Glad you like the system...

Demo is looking good :) One bug I spotted may be my own :o (Loss of ui textures after stopping the player), did you use the latest cegui source or was it an older version?.

CE.

pjcast
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby pjcast » Tue Sep 28, 2004 16:38

It may be sort of a bug that when it stops the texture is gone... But that is just how the plugin behaves, it strips the texture, and texture_unit away, though I do find it wierd that after that happens another texture (from your layout files) appears instead.

I was using the nightly snapshot from sunday for this build.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Sep 29, 2004 08:34

I think maybe I get something different in that all the windows turn white, then when you click in the they kind of alternate between being all white and normal. I'll try and grab a screenshot later :)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Sep 29, 2004 20:02

Screenshots:
[Removed Images]

It may be a missing setting in the Ogre gui renderer, though I thought I had them all now. I'm not sure, but it's very strange, since you can get some windows to show okay.

CE.

pjcast
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby pjcast » Thu Sep 30, 2004 02:31

Thats really strange. Wow, both windows are white? Does that happen from the start of the progrmam, or if you stop the video playing... wierd. I see no such thing and some others havn't reported that to me.

Btw, I'm sorry I havn't gotten a chance to try your changes yet.. But I made some similiar changes to CEGUI a couple nights ago... I added a way to pass an Ogre texture to CEGUI, and it does not do anything to the Ogre texture when you call delete the CE texture, just nulls the pointer. That had no difference on the texture (imageset problem), but I will try your changes too.

Also, in my Ogre video plugin, it does to destroy the texture, only I first see if Ogre Texture manager actually has it loaded before I try to destroy it in case someone else did (such as the CEGUI ogretexture), so a double delete shouldn't be the problem.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Sep 30, 2004 08:32

Thats really strange. Wow, both windows are white? Does that happen from the start of the progrmam, or if you stop the video playing... wierd. I see no such thing and some others havn't reported that to me.

Everyhing is fine until I stop the video playing then I get the white on all widnows. Clicking on a couple of the windows will bring back the textures for the bottom-most window. Very odd.

CE.

pjcast
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby pjcast » Sun Oct 03, 2004 23:30

I'm still puzzled about your white windows? Was that OpenGL or DX9?

If it was GL, there was a bug in the rendersystem that could lead to unpredictable problems... It was missing a default constructor and left some variables uninitialized... But I never had a problem, was very random, hit other computers different. Anyway, the GL rendersystem is updated with the fix.

Also, DX9 texture issue has been resolved, so no more slow down/huge textures there... That had to do with mipmaps that would affect d3d textures wierd, to solve I just made 0 mipmaps.

Also, in this new version you can stop/start/switch between oggs with no probs. Please fel free to encode you own oggs and put them in the ogg directory.

Visit http://www.v2v.cc/~j/ffmpeg2theora/ for a nice cmd line convertor app. Note: The higher the quality level of video or audio, insreases stalls in the decoder plugin. I hope to resolve this by adjusting how much data I stream in depending on the bitrate/quality.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Oct 04, 2004 08:23

It was DX9. I just tried OGL and get an exception about pixel formats :? I'll see if I can gather further information for you later...

pjcast
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby pjcast » Tue Oct 05, 2004 00:28

Perhaps the gl rendersystem wasn't an updated version like I thought, though it should have been, I'll look later tonite, it should have fixed the pixel format problem (which is an Ogre bug I believe)

pjcast
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby pjcast » Tue Oct 05, 2004 01:34

Oh, I think you still have the old version, you should follow the link above to get the new version. Significant changes were made to some of the dlls and scripts, so no point trying to reuse part of the old demo apps.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:42

Okay, I got the latest version and tried it...

Under OpenGL it's okay; the player window gets a copy of the Taharez imagery texture when the video is stopped. No other problems here though :)

Under DirectX I still get the white when stopping the video :?

CE.

pjcast
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby pjcast » Tue Oct 05, 2004 16:12

Hmm, I actually see this now... wierd, I used DX9 before with this demo and didn't see this, but now I do :/

ANyway, it will be easier to debug now that I see it to :) It is aalso wierd that if you hide the static image window pane it brings back the two control panes, but if you show it again, than the 3 panes turn white again. So it must be related to the static image... Also if you are able to select another movie, or even just play the same movie again, it brings them back.

Gonna be kind of hard to fix maybe, but not impossible.

pjcast
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby pjcast » Tue Oct 05, 2004 17:59

I fixed it, but I will have to upload later my pipe is pretty busy right now. It was actually a very simple fix, I was only destroying the Ogre texture when the video was stopped... So I guess the image set was using random bits of textures when it had none (as in GL there was menu textures, and D3D white texture)... But why/how it should effect other window panes, hmm.

Anyway, Just added some imageset destroy stuff, and also remove the static image, and viola. Correct operation under both GL and D3D9 :)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Oct 05, 2004 18:03

Cool :) Funny how those 'impossible' fixes sometimes fall into place after a little while.

Return to “User Projects”