OGRE Particle editor demo

Projects using CEGUI or any kind of implementation revolving around CEGUI - Post it here!
Showing off screenshots and giving a short description is highly encouraged!

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

spannerman
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby spannerman » Tue Sep 28, 2004 22:59

Hey Eddie,

mac and I just released an early demo of the OGRE particle editor we are working on, so in case you'd like to take a look at what people are getting upto with CEGUI, check it out here:

http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42691

:)

nfz
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby nfz » Wed Sep 29, 2004 03:47

Great job Spannerman and Mac, playing with particles in Ogre using your editor has never been so much fun and easy. Oh, and I really like your ToolTip class.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Sep 29, 2004 08:55

Yes, this is excellent stuff :) It's great to see working examples of the system in use, as it proves it's usefulness out in the real world (as opposed to the simple demos that I put out).

You guys rule!

CE.

mac
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby mac » Wed Sep 29, 2004 13:38

Unfortunately, I regret not being able to contribute anything back into CEGUI code base, but that's just down to my low programming skill and experience level. For example, if I could have made the tooltips a new widget addition to cegui, that would be better than the app-specific version we have.
Still, that's just a testament to how easy your GUI is to actually use...if I can do it, anybody can :D

Hey, that's an understatement. Your programming skills are quite ok - otherwise we would never have come so far. And: adding things to the core system is not that easy. Even our god sinbad (to speak with Robomanic) needed some time to finish his tab control - and it is very basic.

@CE: You are too kind :D... A big thanks to you for making this possible at all. The system is really easy to use!

Cheers,
mac

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Sep 29, 2004 18:20

It's very easy for me to underestimate the effort required to code new widgets for the system, as much of it seems so obvious to me. Lord Sinbad did an excellent job with the Tab Control :)

I'm glad you found the system easy to use :) I feel that some areas still have a way to go, but am very pleased that there are now more projects popping up that are using it; being one of those groups using it you have already contributed, by hopefully encouraging more people to start using the system :)

CE.

mac
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: OGRE Particle editor demo

Postby mac » Fri Mar 11, 2005 14:57

The beta version is available:
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8535

Enjoy, mac

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Mar 12, 2005 09:26

Cool, I'll have to have a fiddle around with it later :)

CE.

mac
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby mac » Thu May 12, 2005 19:09

From now on the source code is available - the particleeditor has become an ogreaddon.

Cheers, mac

Return to “User Projects”