Cadabra 3D Game Engine

Projects using CEGUI or any kind of implementation revolving around CEGUI - Post it here!
Showing off screenshots and giving a short description is highly encouraged!

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

mallouk
Just popping in
Just popping in

Cadabra 3D Game Engine

Postby mallouk » Tue Aug 15, 2006 20:16

I would like to anounce that we have built a 3D game engine using CEGUI. The engine is called Cadabra and its url is http://www.cadabra3d.org.

We are also looking for developers to help us improving the engine. There is plenty of cool work to do in it such as developing scene graph plugins, improving the OpenGL renderer, porting to linux... Any help is welcome.

Thanks for building a great GUI system!

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Wed Aug 16, 2006 07:48

Wow mallouk, she's a hottie! You surely understand how to keep us motivated :lol:

But now for the less serious stuff ;-) Sorry to much coffee.

Okay serious now! I've had a quick glance, and you've got an impressive feature list already. I understand that you wrote everything yourself, or do you make use of other third-party libraries besides CEGUI?

About the screenshot: it looks like you can preview your models like they would look ingame, lighting wise? That looks really helpfull, because there can be a big difference between a view in a modeler and the actual view in game.

Please keep us updated :-)

lindquist
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby lindquist » Wed Aug 16, 2006 13:49

After a quick glance through the site it indeed looks cool :)

mallouk
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby mallouk » Wed Aug 16, 2006 22:51

Thanks for the comments!

I understand that you wrote everything yourself, or do you make use of other third-party libraries besides CEGUI?

I think I should include a separate page mentioning the third party libraries that are being used. The 3rd party libs can be found in the dependencies directory.

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cadabra/trunk/

All except that and the Solid collision detection library (used by the Solid add-on) has been written by me so far. I would really appreciate if someone tried to port it to linux, took control of the OpenGL plugin, or even developed a new scenegraph plugin. There is a lot of cool programming to be done.

About the screenshot: it looks like you can preview your models like they would look ingame, lighting wise? That looks really helpfull, because there can be a big difference between a view in a modeler and the actual view in game.

Yes, this is exactly the point of the model viewer. With it you can control all the lighting variables and view the models just like they will look in game. There is a quicklaunch button in the max exporter that will preview the model in cadabra with only one click. Also, the shader parameters are exported from max and are built into the model files.

Return to “User Projects”