Argentum Online 2

Projects using CEGUI or any kind of implementation revolving around CEGUI - Post it here!
Showing off screenshots and giving a short description is highly encouraged!

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

morg
Just popping in
Just popping in

Argentum Online 2

Postby morg » Sun Aug 26, 2007 15:10

Hello people.

I just wanted to say HI and tell you that we are using CEGUI in our project. We are a small indy team, we are developing the Argentum Online's sequel. Argentum Online is a South America MMORPG that we developed back in the year 2000. Argentum is very successful and massive in my country. In the year 2003 we released the source code of the project under GPL licence.

At the present we are working hard to release the first ALPHA of Argentum Online 2. We have already done a lot and we are very happy with what we have done.

You can see some screenshots of the game we are working on at:
http://ao2.3dgames.com.ar/foro/viewtopic.php?t=435

Finally, I want to say that you have done an excellent job with CEGUI!!!! ;-)

morg
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby morg » Sat Sep 01, 2007 20:15

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Wed Sep 05, 2007 13:45

Hi there,

thanks for posting this! It's good to see CEGUI being used in a popular game :)

Good luck and bye,

Taharez
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Taharez » Wed Sep 05, 2007 15:00

Hehe, snake fight :) What other kinds of enemies / gameplay will there be?
Good luck with the project!

morg
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby morg » Wed Oct 31, 2007 15:54

Thanks for the warm welcome! :-)

Taharez, at the present the snake is the only NPC. But we are planning to add many new characters like Orcs, Goblins, Ogres, Beholders, etc.

We are developing the basic technology upon which the game is going to be built later, this is the reason why there is not much to tell about the gaming experience yet.

Here is a video that I made a few days ago to show the progress, this video shows some cool features we added recently to our engine (real-time terrain deformation).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTXB-lxDQZI#GU5U2spHI_4

Taharez
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Taharez » Wed Oct 31, 2007 18:05

Cool! Looks like a nice interface for object manipulation, using hotkeys for scale/rotate/etc? The editor for the game I worked on during the spring had some similar features (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbPvxw3rWlU), but it used a gui for scale/rotate/translate. A good editor is very nice to have when building maps :)

morg
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby morg » Thu Nov 01, 2007 13:50

Hey Taharez, Netherforce's editor looks very well!!!! It seems that you did a great job! ;-).

I also found another video of Netherforce at youtube, it's awesome. Is Netherforce based on Ogree engine? That soft brush for terrain deformation of your video looks amazing.

I'm about to begin to work in a new feature: the terrain texture blending. The basic idea is to have a brush and use it to paint the terrain. I wish something very close to what you have done. Did you implement this for Netherforce editor?.

In our editor the two transformations scale/rotateY are bound to the mouse. Once you select an object you can scale it with the mouse wheel, and if you hold pressed the left shift key and use the mouse's wheel you can rotate the object.

Taharez
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Taharez » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:18

morg wrote:Hey Taharez, Netherforce's editor looks very well!!!! It seems that you did a great job! ;-).

Thanks!

I also found another video of Netherforce at youtube, it's awesome. Is Netherforce based on Ogree engine? That soft brush for terrain deformation of your video looks amazing.

Yep, it's Ogre along with a few other libs, and a lot of our own code :)

I'm about to begin to work in a new feature: the terrain texture blending. The basic idea is to have a brush and use it to paint the terrain. I wish something very close to what you have done. Did you implement this for Netherforce editor?.

I didn't work on the editor directly, but we used the (heavily modified) Paging Landscape Scene Manager 2 for the terrain.

In our editor the two transformations scale/rotateY are bound to the mouse. Once you select an object you can scale it with the mouse wheel, and if you hold pressed the left shift key and use the mouse's wheel you can rotate the object.

Nice idea, I might steal that in the future ;)

morg
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby morg » Sun Dec 23, 2007 15:19

Hello, I've just uploaded a new video showing the latest features of our humble engine: real-time terrain painting, customizable fog ( can be set up by means of CEGUI) and a basic SNOW particle system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vThdarkmPHs

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Jan 01, 2008 09:43

Your engine looks really cool :)

But I do think your guy should get some warmer clothes if he's going to be out in the snow like that :lol:

CE

morg
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby morg » Thu Jan 03, 2008 21:07

Thanks Eddie!!! I'm really glad to read you. You have done an excellent work with CEGUI ;-)

You are completely right about the warmer clothes, our poor character is suffering very low temperatures. I guess we are going to provide him new clothes very soon :-)

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby Pompei2 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 16:47

Hi, quite nice video !

where can i find the sourcecode of the version 1 ? I would like to have a look at it.

your engine looks very interesting ! I think you will say no, but I ask anyway: could i have a look at the sourcecode ? :D

morg
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby morg » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:53

Thanks Pompei2! I found great your interest for my work.

Regarding the source code, we are just two programmers working (part-time) on the project. I definitely want to release the source code so that more people can get involved in the project.

I'm probably going to release the code under GPL or LGPL at sourceforge, I'll let you know when this happen.

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby Pompei2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 01:46

Great ! I'm looking forward for it. ;)

morg
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby morg » Mon Mar 03, 2008 22:05

Here is a new video showing my latest addition to the engine: basic physics and collisions.

Hope you like it!
I'd rather be compiling...

Return to “User Projects”