Ember

Projects using CEGUI or any kind of implementation revolving around CEGUI - Post it here!
Showing off screenshots and giving a short description is highly encouraged!

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

ErikHjortsberg
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ember

Postby ErikHjortsberg » Tue Jan 15, 2008 13:15

Ember is a 3d client for the Worldforge system. It uses Ogre for its 3d display and of course CEGUI for its gui. It's entirely licensed under the GPL (both code and media). It's available for both Linux and Windows.

We've been using CEGUI for some time, I think the first version of CEGUI we used was 0.1.0. It's been really nice to see how the library matured and gained features, while at the same time retaining its speed and clarity, both in the code and the documentation. It's been a real pleasure to work with throughout.

We use a modified WindowsLook theme, with almost all GUI code written in Lua.

The main site of the client can be found here.
Here are some screen shots:

More screenshots here.

We're of course always interested in new developers wanting to help out. The code base is very mature and constantly being developed, so if you want to help out feel free to contact me.
Ember, a client for the Worldforge system.

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby Pompei2 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 15:53

looks interesting :)

Rackle
CEGUI Team (Retired)

Postby Rackle » Tue Jan 15, 2008 17:29

I really like the first screenshot, showing off the nearby road and the faraway mountains. That bit of road is quite something.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 09:24

I always like looking at screen shots of Ember :) Nice to see some pretty heavy usage of CEGUI also.

I think I'm gonna get me one of them pigs :D

Great stuff.

morg
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby morg » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:44

It looks amazing!

The trees and the character are really nice. Can you tell me more about that character? I'm working on my own 3D engine and I'm thinking of rewriting the character animation system to support other file formats, I'd appreciate any link or information you can provide me.

ErikHjortsberg
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby ErikHjortsberg » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:49

morg wrote:It looks amazing!

The trees and the character are really nice. Can you tell me more about that character? I'm working on my own 3D engine and I'm thinking of rewriting the character animation system to support other file formats, I'd appreciate any link or information you can provide me.

Thanks. I'm using Ogre so it's Ogre's internal mesh system. I then use a separate system for defining models, where you can combine different meshes and define different parts and so on. However, all of our assets are GPL, so you can get the source media yourself and look. You can browse the repository here: http://purple.worldforge.org/repositories/svn and get information on how to pull down the whole svn tree to your own box here: http://worldforge.org/media/documents/media_faq
It's 3Gb+ large though.
Ember, a client for the Worldforge system.

Return to “User Projects”