My space trading sim

Projects using CEGUI or any kind of implementation revolving around CEGUI - Post it here!
Showing off screenshots and giving a short description is highly encouraged!

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

3-R4Z0R
Just popping in
Just popping in

My space trading sim

Postby 3-R4Z0R » Mon Aug 03, 2009 23:24

Hello everybody!

I thought, that finally it would be time to show off (and possibly brag about xD) my work I do for the maturity examinations in school.

Click here to see a gallery of screenshots
Click here to try it out

So what is it all about?
Firstly it's work for school, that has three aspects:
- Use of one or more external libraries (in this case Ogre3D and CEGUI)
- Creating a useable UI
- Creating a game which involves trade and transport

And what is it for me?
Lately I have acquired quite a bunch of knowledge about designing a game engine, since that's the part that I have invested most time in up to now.
I began with a common object system that handles data for all the different types of objects (i.e. ships, planets, markets, etc.) and can convert and keep track of three data types: strings, ints and floats. Every variable accessible by this system can be used anywhere throughout the code, without knowing what kind of object owns this data. Now I would definitely invest more time into this system and expand it with crosslinking objects to one another and make it possible for one object to listen for state changes in another one and so on.

Most fun part of it all has been the graphics, I'd say, since it's something one can see directly on screen... and it looks great thanks to Ogre and CEGUI.

Right now I'm at the useability part of my work, trying to make something that is fun to use out of the whole bunch of code. So if anybody has time, please try the most current version of the game out and maybe give some feedback as to what would be really cool to have and what is more of an annoyance.

I don't know what else might interest you (and I'm about to go to bed afterwards... ;) ), so feel free to ask any questions.

Greetings Decryphe

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: My space trading sim

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 08:45

Thanks for sharing your project, I think your planet Earth looks pretty cool :)

I'll hopefully get some time later this week to take it for a spin.

CE.

Return to “User Projects”