a few small Builds issues for Ogre Renderer

Discussion regarding the development of CEGUI itself - as opposed to questions about CEGUI usage that should be in the help forums.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

nfz
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby nfz » Sat May 29, 2004 06:24

So far everything is going well and I have been able to integrate the latest cvs into one of my projects that uses Ogre as a renderer and CEGUI as you know what. I am using a derivative of the Boost::Signals so CEGUI integrates nicely with my app. I did run into a few small problems over the last couple of days and I thought I would share how I resolved them.

The first little hiccup was in TLModule.cpp. A number of includes had hard coded paths that caused "not found" errors at compile time since the paths were incorrect. I removed the hardcoded paths since the proper directory path is set in the include directory settings for the Taharez Look project. The proper path set was "..\..\..\..\..\Widget Sets\Taharez Look\include" but the includes in TLModule.cpp were using "..\..\Widget Sets\Taharez Look\include".

The other 2 little problems had to do with Xerces memory manager and Ogre's memory manager when building in debug mode. The first file effected is ogrerenderer.cpp. Just make ogrerenderer.h and ogretexture.h as the last includes and problem fixed. The same thing goes for your project when including CEGUI.h. Make it the first include before Ogre.h and there is no conflict of memory managers in a debug build. Put CEGUI.h after Ogre.h and there is a conflict between Xerces's XMemory and Ogre's redefinition of new and delete.

Keep up the great work Paul, I am enjoying the fruits of your labour.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat May 29, 2004 08:16

Thanks for sharing your experiences so far. I'm glad that you have got it all working :D

About TLModule.cpp: I'll change this so the includes are handled correctly. Also, I'll probably be making other changes here too, now that the widget list is getting a bit bigger. This will probably be done today or tomorrow after I complete the Editbox widget.

The memory manager conflict between Xerces and Ogre was something I was always slightly worried about, though you have found some easy work arounds (thanks for that :)). Obviously once things get nearer an actual release, I'll need to write some docs that cover this sort of thing with regards to the users actual project.

Thanks again, and feel free to share any thing else you discover :)

Return to “CEGUI Library Development Discussion”