ATTN: Leedgitar - change to TLButton & updated imagery

Discussion regarding the development of CEGUI itself - as opposed to questions about CEGUI usage that should be in the help forums.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Jun 02, 2004 19:05

I am changing the way the Taharez button does it's rendering. As you know, currently 'pushed' rendering is the hover rendering followed by the actual pushed rendering. Well, this worked okay in the old system, but now that you can set custom images for each state this method can make things go horribly wrong :oops:, because of this I have taken out the call to drawHover at the top of drawPushed in TLButton.cpp.

The main point of this post is the fact that this change requires modified imagery, which I have uploaded here: http://crazy-eddie.myby.co.uk/files/TaharezImageset.zip. This also contains an updated xml file for the Imageset (the old one had an incorrect position for one of the elements).

leedgitar
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby leedgitar » Wed Jun 02, 2004 23:48

Thanks. Ironically, I did a copy/paste/modify for each of the drawX methods in TLButton since they were so similar, so I never had the drawHover there in the first place, heh. :)

leedgitar
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby leedgitar » Thu Jun 03, 2004 01:04

Btw, a few things I noticed thus far:

- ProgressBar should call requestRedraw in onProgressChanged.

- Window::setRestoreCaptue is mis-spelled, should be setRestoreCapture.

- comments in ProgressBar.h need to be updated:
float d_progress; //!< current progress (from 0 to 100)

Should say 0.0f to 1.0f.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Jun 03, 2004 08:12

Thanks. Ironically, I did a copy/paste/modify for each of the drawX methods in TLButton since they were so similar, so I never had the drawHover there in the first place, heh. :)

:lol:

- ProgressBar should call requestRedraw in onProgressChanged.

- Window::setRestoreCaptue is mis-spelled, should be setRestoreCapture.

- comments in ProgressBar.h need to be updated:
float d_progress; //!< current progress (from 0 to 100)

Should say 0.0f to 1.0f.

Thanks for these :D

Something else I am aware of is the fact that some of the base Window events are not fired yet. I intend to make a list of those events and check them off one by one (this will be once all the widgets are done).

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:16

I'm about to make quite a huge change. Depending no how you implemented your C# events this may not affect you (since you have the 'sender' parameter). I need a good kicking for not doing this from the start.

I have modified all the Window event handlers (onSized, etc) that took plain EventArgs& to taking WindowEventArgs& instead, the window field has been initialised to 'this' for the window calling the handler (of course this does not change actual events system; subscribers still get a const EventArgs&). This makes the system much more useful, since it makes it possible to know where the event originated. I'm aware of how big a change this is, so will apologise if this does cause you a lot of hassle. :oops:

I also added documentation for all the handlers, and made a few minor adjustments here and there to what gets fired and when.

In addition to this, I'll be making some changes to the implementation of events to remove public / client code dependancy on the boost libs, though this will not affect the public interface side of events too much (if at all).

leedgitar
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby leedgitar » Thu Jun 03, 2004 14:14

Hehe, I am indeed using .Net events (complete with sender) so this won't affect me at all :D.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Jun 03, 2004 17:21

Yeah, I suspected that it may not affect you ;)

Return to “CEGUI Library Development Discussion”