Header Changes for 0.8

Discussion regarding the development of CEGUI itself - as opposed to questions about CEGUI usage that should be in the help forums.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

dermont
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Header Changes for 0.8

Postby dermont » Tue Nov 08, 2011 07:01

Hi, I've just updated to the latest version from mercurial, it's been a while since I updated and from the logs apparently the CEGUI prefix has been dropped from the header files.

What was the rationale behind dropping the CEGUI prefix from the header files? Will this be how it is the 0.8 release?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Header Changes for 0.8

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 08:50

Basically, after some discussion on IRC, we decided to embrace the prefix directory approach (some people were already using this approach, but it was never officially supported). So, for example, previously those people were doing things like this:

Code: Select all

#include <CEGUI/CEGUIWindow.h>

As I mentioned, using the prefix directory is now the way we want people to do things, so in order to eliminate the repetition in the above statement, the filename prefix was dropped, giving you:

#include <CEGUI/Window.h>

We also cleaned up a load of other inconsistent or otherwise verbose names. So things like your renderer header include will be changed from:

#include <RendererModules/OpenGL/CEGUIOpenGLRenderer.h>

to:

#include <CEGUI/RendererModules/OpenGL/Renderer.h>

And yes, this will be in 0.8.0. We may additionally rename the 'elements' subdirectory to 'widgets' before the final 0.8.0 release is made. We do understand and appreciate this is a massive change and that it's potentially a lot of work for some people, though overall we believe this is a massive improvement to the naming of headers.

Hope this answers your question :)

CE

dermont
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Re: Header Changes for 0.8

Postby dermont » Fri Mar 16, 2012 06:52

Thanks for your reply.

Return to “CEGUI Library Development Discussion”