Default branch ceguitinyxml / minizip source dirs

Discussion regarding the development of CEGUI itself - as opposed to questions about CEGUI usage that should be in the help forums.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

dermont
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Default branch ceguitinyxml / minizip source dirs

Postby dermont » Fri Mar 16, 2012 06:54

For the dafault branch what has happened to the ceguitinyxml and minizip source directories? They appear to have been removed.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Default branch ceguitinyxml / minizip source dirs

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 07:45

Hi,

These have indeed been removed. We no longer bundle complete dependency libs within the core cegui source (there are some very minor exceptions to this, and those basically form code that is not generally available as a library - the stb image loading code, the tga-only image loader and the minibidi code). All dependencies that are packaged as libraries are now external to CEGUI and are in our dependency pack (currently 0.8.x-beta6, available from the sourceforge download network).

HTH

CE

dermont
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby dermont » Thu Mar 22, 2012 09:51

CrazyEddie wrote:Hi,

These have indeed been removed. We no longer bundle complete dependency libs within the core cegui source (there are some very minor exceptions to this, and those basically form code that is not generally available as a library - the stb image loading code, the tga-only image loader and the minibidi code). All dependencies that are packaged as libraries are now external to CEGUI and are in our dependency pack (currently 0.8.x-beta6, available from the sourceforge download network).

HTH

CE

Fair enough, should have mentioned that I was compiling on Linux, so it was a simple case of building the necessary dependencies.

There has been quite a number of changes since the last time I updated my local default branch. After reading your thread/post regarding the transition from 0.76 to 1.00 it made more sense.

There were a couple of changes which were not so obvious (to me at least):

- No more Checkbox headers/source, e.g have to create *Look/Checkbox and cast to a ToggleButton.
- WindowRenderer (Core/* instead of Falagard/*) and FalagardWindowMapping. I'm assuming this is correct from looking at the CEGUI datafiles.

Code: Select all

WindowFactoryManager::getSingleton().addFalagardWindowMapping(
           "WindowsLook/VideoFrameWindow",    // type to create
           "CEGUI/FrameWindow",               // 'base' widget type
           "WindowsLook/FrameWindow",         // WidgetLook to use.
-->           "Core/FrameWindow",                // WindowRenderer to use.
///           "Falagard/FrameWindow",            // WindowRenderer to use.
              "VideoRenderEffect");              // effect to use.

Anyway thanks for your help once again.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:18

Yeah that's right the RadioButton class is now ToggleButton. I retained the Checkbox name in the skins since that's what those instances represent. It's also correct that the provided set of window renderers are now Core/Name instead of Falagard/Name and the loadable module is renamed from CEGUIFalagardWRBase to CEGUICoreWindowRendererSet.

CE

Return to “CEGUI Library Development Discussion”