Ogre DirectX 11

Discussion regarding the development of CEGUI itself - as opposed to questions about CEGUI usage that should be in the help forums.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

tahsmith
Just popping in
Just popping in

Ogre DirectX 11

Postby tahsmith » Wed Sep 03, 2014 07:59

Following on from here,

Using the hlsl code from the CEGUI DirectX 11 renderer compiles via Ogre DirectX 11 with some small changes to make the naming consistent.

Now there is a bug were null pointer is dereferenced.

Code: Select all

void OgreRenderer::returnVertexBuffer(Ogre::HardwareVertexBufferSharedPtr
    buffer)
{
    d_pimpl->d_vbPool.push_back(buffer);
}

At some point this method is called with a null buffer ptr, leading to an assertion failure further down the line. I imagine that it might be just due to the changes in the hlsl scripts, particularly new texture parameter, texture0. I'll spend a bit of time checking it out.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Re: Ogre DirectX 11

Postby Ident » Wed Sep 03, 2014 09:38

I noticed this bug recently, and i think it isnt related to the D3D11 part of Ogre specifically but occurs with all selections you have there. Specifically it only occurs when the non-textured GeometryBuffers are used.

The new Ogre Renderer in default branch (which is quite different from the old one in v0 and v0-8 branch) was written only very recently by a community member, with the help of us developers and with some changes and PRs afterwards by other communtiy members and devs. It has to undergo some cleanup and changes before it will be perfect.

To figure out if this issue is related to the renderer selection in the OgreRenderer, please deactive the SVGDemo and the CustomDrawing Demo which both use non-textured GeometryBuffers.

Please go to the file "samples.inc" and comment out the respective samples. This step might not seem kosher, but users are usually not supposed to enable or disable samples, which is why we removed these options from CMake. Usually we also however expect there to be no bugs that could cause such an issue ;) so this should be seen merely as a workaround.

Please tell me if this worked for you.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

tahsmith
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby tahsmith » Thu Sep 04, 2014 00:30

Please go to the file "samples.inc" and comment out the respective samples.

Just tried that, now it runs without any hard failures, but a blank screen. A step forward though I think.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Thu Sep 04, 2014 07:06

I can't say anything in regards to the blank screen, lol. Maybe a wrongly named shader parameter? Did you also check the Ogre.log?

About the issue with SVG stuff: I m going to fix this soon. I just don't know whats wrong there yet. The call stack is extremely unhelpful. I will have to guess my way through. I will notify you when it is fixed.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “CEGUI Library Development Discussion”