Automatic build with all deps

Discussion regarding the development of CEGUI itself - as opposed to questions about CEGUI usage that should be in the help forums.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

YaronCT
CEGUI Team

Automatic build with all deps

Postby YaronCT » Fri Sep 25, 2015 09:36

Hi,

I've found a build error in the "default" branch Irrlicht renderer (which I'll fix). I remember that we have some kind of automatic builds to locate such errors. Perhaps it's possible to make these builds use all CEGUI deps so as to catch as many errors as possible?

lucebac
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Re: Automatic build with all deps

Postby lucebac » Fri Sep 25, 2015 15:04

I tried to fix the Irrlicht renderer some time ago and I was not able to finish it since it needs a full rewrite of everything, because Ident rewrote the whole renderer interface(s) and some things more. Also, I was not able to make Irrlicht use our own shaders which resulted in nothing being drawn.
But give it a try, maybe I was only too stupid at that time.

YaronCT
CEGUI Team

Postby YaronCT » Fri Sep 25, 2015 20:00

Oh, so the Irrlicht renderer is not supposed to work at all then?

YaronCT
CEGUI Team

Postby YaronCT » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:36

I've now found also build errors in the Ogre renderer in the "default" branch. I think we do support Ogre, don't we?

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sun Sep 27, 2015 16:54

Default branch : Ogre is supported and should work except maybe for SVG rendering parts. In any case it definitely should build, what you encountered must be a bug that only appears on Unix systems, the people who fixed the Ogre Renderer were Windows users. I only did the Direct3D11 Renderer and the OpenGL Renderers, which should work on any platform.
Regarding Irrlicht in default, there is absolutely no support so far. Rewriting it will be quite some effort because, as lucebac said, the interfaces have changed completely in order to support more functionality now and in the future.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “CEGUI Library Development Discussion”