CEGUI 1.0

Discussion regarding the development of CEGUI itself - as opposed to questions about CEGUI usage that should be in the help forums.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Alundra
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

CEGUI 1.0

Postby Alundra » Sat Mar 25, 2017 18:09

Hi !
Any news about the upcoming CEGUI 1.0 ?
Any release date planned ?
Thanks

YaronCT
CEGUI Team

Re: CEGUI 1.0

Postby YaronCT » Sat Mar 25, 2017 18:13

Due to @Ident's laziness, it might take decades.

If you're willing to help make it happen, it will b most appreciated.

Alundra
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Alundra » Sat Mar 25, 2017 19:41

Do you have any tracker with percents on the remaining tasks ?
Is it possible to know the current progress informations ?

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sat Mar 25, 2017 19:54

About progress:

Issues on the issue tracker might give a hint about what is done for 1.0+ or 1.0: https://bitbucket.org/cegui/cegui/issues

I maintain an informal todo list: http://cegui.org.uk/wiki/Ident_TODO
and I made one for Kulik: http://cegui.org.uk/wiki/Mpreisler_TODO

many things that were done are neither tracked nor in those todo-lists, you will have to look at the commits on default to see the progress there.

We do not have concrete plans for when we want to release 1.0, it depends on a lot of things really.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Alundra
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Alundra » Sat Mar 25, 2017 20:10

Ok thanks for the link.
Is it possible to know the actual plan for the next version, I read you don't want to do a 0.9 version, maybe that changed ?
I ask that because the last version is from 1 year and surely lot of things were made during this time like the d3d11 renderer rework which is better.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Sat Mar 25, 2017 21:14

Alundra wrote:Ok thanks for the link.
Is it possible to know the actual plan for the next version, I read you don't want to do a 0.9 version, maybe that changed ?
I ask that because the last version is from 1 year and surely lot of things were made during this time like the d3d11 renderer rework which is better.

Since we are volunteers it is really hard to give an actual plan. We never made a definite plan, the general inofficial plans always change (still do).

Since most of us are full-time employed, and CrazyEddie has not programmed for years, but still shares his wisdumz with us per mail, there is only so much time flowing into this project.

I am definitely still planning to Release a 1.0 and have a general picture of what I want to be in it. When these things are done I would aim for a Release.

The 1.0 development branch is the default branch on our repo, it is unstable but you could use it in your project. Just don't depend on it being bug-free etc ;)
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

Return to “CEGUI Library Development Discussion”