Subversion cegui_mk2/trunk super-unstable!

Official announcements from the CEGUI project.

Moderator: CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Subversion cegui_mk2/trunk super-unstable!

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 09:23

Greetings CEGUI users!

This is mainly a heads-up for anybody using subversion trunk. While obviously trunk should always to be considered unstable, most people are probably used to the fact that this is usually pretty far from the truth. Well, from today, trunk will be very unstable!

Anyone following the development of the render target system / renderer rewrites will likely already be aware that today I will merge that code back into trunk.

I can not stress enough that these changes will break lots of peoples code - there will be a porting page on the wiki available shortly, the raw text is written already, though mentions some structural changes that will not happen until later this weekend, so I'll publish once that's complete.

In addition to breaking code, we have lots of new and interesting bugs and other issues :twisted:. This is inevitable with this level of change (the rendering foundation of CEGUI has been ripped out and replaced with something entirely different) - the 'obvious' bugs need not be reported, thanks ;)

By the time that 0.7.0 is released later this year, we should have most of the issues ironed out and be back on a stable footing.

Thanks for your attention.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:45

I have added the initial version of the 0.7.x porting guide to the Wiki:
http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/ ... _for_0.7.0

There is also a lightweight overview document of the new renderer system An Overview of Renderer Model 2

CE.

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby Pompei2 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:57

Had a read at it, nice documentation I like people working like that :)

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby Pompei2 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:57

Pompei2 wrote:Had a read at it, nice documentation I like people working like that (with good docu) :)

Return to “Official Announcements, Works in Progress, and Future Directions”