Site Upgrades: Coming Soon!

Official announcements from the CEGUI project.

Moderator: CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Site Upgrades: Coming Soon!

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Apr 10, 2009 09:30

Hello all,

This is a heads-up post to say that sometime soon there will be a major upgrade to certain components of the site, and minor upgrades to the rest. Prior to Sourceforge.net's migration to their new systems we had been very limited in which versions of the site packages we could use due to them not running the required versions of the prerequisite packages, though since their migration, this was no longer an issue. The issue subsequently became one of time, logistics and certain other requirements we have being met (a change of this nature is not something you just 'do' to a production site, there are myriad things that could go wrong).

Suffice to say that we are now in a position to make those important upgrades happen, and have entered a testing phase to ensure that the site data can be migrated without issue and that the updated packages all operate together as expected.

I do not have a final date as to then the upgrade will occur for the live site, though due to the size and complexity of the upgrade procedure, the entire site will be offline while that is done. Barring any major issues, the site should be down and back up again within a few hours.

Thanks for reading!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:38

We are narrowing down the last couple of issues with regards to this upgrade, so it is my intention to go live with the upgrades over the coming weekend (mainly because weekends seem to be a quieter time on the forum), so you can expect the site to disappear over the weekend :)

CE

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:24

Just to confirm, and narrow, the above 'intended time scale' for this site upgrade to something more specific.

The site upgrades will happen on 18th April 2009 (that's tomorrow), beginning at 0700 GMT and ending at 1200 GMT. While the upgrade work is in progress the entire website at the cegui.org.uk domain will be unavailable. The subversion repository and file release downloads will remain available as usual via sourceforge, since they are handled via different systems.

See you on the other side ;)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Re: Site Upgrades: Coming Soon!

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:37

Ok, site updates are complete. Nothing particularly nasty should have gone wrong, though let us know here of any issues.

[Edit]
Correction, I killed the skins site :twisted: I'll have it back up later this afternoon :D

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Apr 18, 2009 14:26

Ok, the skins site is readable again now, though authentication is not working at present (so no adding or editing of skins). I know what the issue is and how to fix it, but I'll not do it until sometime later (probably tomorrow) as right at the moment I have a headache and am going away from the computer.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 08:50

I did not get around to fixing the log-in on the skins site as yet - I'll try to get to it this week (yeah, yeah, I know :roll:). In the mean time, in the unlikely event that someone actually needs to log-in there, please contact me and I'll sort something out.

jacmoe
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Postby jacmoe » Sun Apr 26, 2009 09:26

Nice new forum! :)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Apr 27, 2009 08:59

Thanks :) phpBB3 is pretty much in a different league to phpBB2.

jacmoe
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Postby jacmoe » Wed May 06, 2009 21:59

The best feature of PHPBB3 is that you can log in, log out and log in again - all without wiping out your unread topics.
It's a real lifesaver, and gives you peace of mind, especially when you're team/project leader/moderator. :)

Return to “Official Announcements, Works in Progress, and Future Directions”