This time we're serving up the 0.7.1 release, which is primarily a bug fix update from 0.7.0, although a few minor new things manage to get slipped in also.
Note that we've issued an 0.7.x-r1 version of the precompiled dependency packs for MSVC++ users and their use is required since we've changed the search paths for the libs. This change was made to be able to support a statically linked set of the dependencies built with the /MT and /MTd options (allowing the production of executables with no external dependency DLLs at all - except the Win32 system dlls). Mac dependencies are unaffected and the 0.7.x version is still in use there.
As previously announced elsewhere - we have removed of some of the font files we used to distribute, due to some licensing concerns that certain people were having. I'll reiterate that these files were freely distributable for non-commercial purposes (and as such remain in previous releases), though we'll no longer be including these in future library releases, we may issue an extra 'media pack' at some stage, and this will contain the missing fonts. Note that functionality of CEGUI itself is not affected by these missing items, but beware if you're referencing them in your datafiles.
The following packages are available for immediate download:
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.1 source code (.zip file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.1 source code (.tar.gz file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.1 Documentation package (.zip file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.1 Documentation package (.tar.gz file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.1 precompiled SDK for MSVC++ 2005 (must have SP1) (.zip file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.1 precompiled SDK for MSVC++ 2008 (.zip file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.1 precompiled SDK for Apple Mac OS X (32 bit Universal) (.zip file)
* The Mac SDK is built using the older Irrlicht 1.5.1 since they had not released a framework version of 1.6 at the time of building.
CEGUI 0.7.x-r1 precompiled dependencies for MSVC++ 2005 (must have SP1) (.zip file)
CEGUI 0.7.x-r1 precompiled dependencies for MSVC++ 2008 (.zip file)
CEGUI 0.7.x-r1 precompiled dependencies for MSVC++ 2010 (.zip file)
CEGUI 0.7.x precompiled dependencies for Apple Mac OS X (32 bit Universal) (.zip file)
The change log additions for this release are as follows:
ChangeLog wrote:Release 0.7.1
- Bug Fix: Ensure --includedir configure option is respected.
- Bug Fix: Issue of Window's local GeometryBuffer translation not being reset when Window gets given a surface after initial creation.
- Bug Fix: Issue of Window's RenderingWindow rotation pivot point not getting updated as window's area size changes.
- Bug Fix: Issue of rendering window surfaces not getting correctly transferred under all circumstances.
- Bug Fix: Double-deletion of non-system created ImageCodec when linking statically. See: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4414
- Bug Fix: Do not log non-errors as errors when using minibidi. See: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4356
- Bug Fix: MultiColumnList bug where row inserted into sorted list was not passing on input row_id value.
- Bug Fix: Static builds linked (incorrectly) against runtime DLLs. This is now fixed.
- Bug Fix: Change the size calculations for the editbox portion in the WidgetLook definitions for the Combobox. See: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4382
- Bug Fix: update package config files to specify the correct library names when a build suffix is used.
- Bug Fix: OpenGL based texture targets would fail after calls to grabTextures / restoreTextures. NB: Still to test fix on Apple and WGL.
- Bug Fix: in OpenGL Texture, only allow a single grabTexture to occur.
- Bug Fix: UnifiedMaxSize property had incorrect default value string. See: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=313
- Bug Fix: For Unified metrics, in the divide by zero case, set the compoent part to zero (not correct, but maybe argued better than doing nothing). See: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4403
- Bug Fix: Set size on dialogs in the ScrollablePane demo in order that the drag-sizing code works right :-p
- Bug Fix: ScrollablePane issues:
- Broken hit-testing of content initially outside the view pane (this was broken in 0.7.0 when inner-rect fix was made).
- Broken relative co-ords of added content (incorrectly used size of content pane as base rather than ScrollablePane inner-rect).
- Broken positioning of (0, 0) point of content pane (prevented content from being offset correctly).
- Bug Fix: Ensure base co-ords used for window to screen conversions are pixel aligned. This fixes issues caused by per-window geometry buffer translations (and associated clippers) not being pixel aligned and causing blurred imagery.
- Bug Fix: Remove redundant offset translation from OpenGL renderer module (was not doing anything because it should have been before the 'get', but this offset is not needed anyway).
- Bug Fix: issue in MultiLineEditbox where caret position gets messed up when backspace deleting the last character.
- Bug Fix: Ensure looknfeel based content (auto window content) is layed out prior to notifying other content about size changes, this is required because the inner-rect area may rely on the size or position of this auto window content.
- Bug Fix: Issue where CEGUI::Window check for size change did not consider the fact that although the outer rect has not changed, the inner rect still may have - for example as a result of imagery auto-scaling.
- Bug Fix: Textures in cached geometry may become invalid after a display / host window resize, so we must ensure all cached geometry is regenerated by invalidating all windows.
- Bug Fix: Window rect area / window position would not always be updated when using alignments other than top/left.
- Bug Fix: Updates required to work with Irrlicht 1.6 final release. See: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4393.
- Bug Fix: XMLParser::initialise was not being called when linking statically.
- Bug Fix: Issue where a root GUISheet with mouse pass through enabled would still consume a mouse button down event if the window was not already active. See: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=309
- Bug Fix: D3D9 renderer was not setting View matrix back to identity prior to rendering, thus allowing potential funkiness to ensue
- Bug Fix: Minor tweak so premake scripts work correctly when using premake 3.7.
- Bug Fix: Issue where window positions with purely absolute positioning would not trigger update of the the GeometryBuffer translation vector under various circumstances. See: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4365.
- Bug Fix: In MCL insertion point when adding content to a sorted list did not correctly take into account the sort direction. See: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4360
- Bug Fix: Resolve issue where a non-splitting RenderedStringComponent could cause a hang in the RenderedStringWordWrapper class. See: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=306
- Bug Fix: The Editbox classes would incorrectly parse the input text and potentially cause exceptions based upon user input (See: See: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=308). This fix is a multi-part enhancement in order to correctly and cleanly enable effective disabling of parsing, consisting of the following:
- Add static DefaultRenderedStringParser to Window for use when normal parsing is disabled.
- Add member functions, property and event based around enabling and disabling text parsing.
- Update editbox classes to disable parsing by default.
- Bug Fix: Resolve issue with FrameWindow content layout for cases where FrameWindow is initially hidden. See: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4357
- Bug Fix: Resolve (hopefully, anyway) issues relating to our not checking for support for NPOT textures in the OpenGL renderer (NB: WGLPBuffer versio still to be tested). See: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=307
- Bug Fix: Irrlicht renderer issues where driver capabilities were not checked correctly before using possibly unsupported facilities. See: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=305
- Bug Fix: Issue of MultiLineEditbox not being initialised correctly (no initial terminating \n being set). See: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=304
- Bug Fix: Do not optimise debug build on the Mac.
- Bug Fix: Fix incorrect SVN URLs in documentation.
- Bug Fix: Crash in Ogre based texture target, where we may inadvertently restore a deleted viewport to the render system.
- Modified: Introduce OpenGLTextureTarget common base class for all the various texture targets supported.
- Modified: Allow use of alternative names for named areas in the Listbox WidgetLook (looknfeel). This allows unified names for Listbox and ItemListbox in order that the same WidgetLook definition may be used for both. See: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=314
- Modified: Correct license information in the TreeDemo files.
- Modified: Update license info from LGPL to MIT (change applied with original author's permission).
- Modified: Updated the Groupbox license to MIT. This has been approved by Levia, the author.
- Modified: Changes to FontDemo:
- Auto load all fonts in resource group "fonts"
- Each language now has a 'preferred font' name specified.
- Language only shows in list if preferred font is loaded.
- Modified: Allow Window subclasses to override the code that sets the various window region rect areas (inner, outer, clippers and hit-test).
- Modified: Update CEGUI premake system for use with static dependency libraries in static builds. IMPORTANT NOTE: All MSVC++ users - you MUST now use the new 0.7.x-r1 dependency packages and not the previous 0.7.x packs.
- Modified: Optimise FrameWidow drag-sizing code so that Window::setArea_impl is not called twice when a sizing operaion involves two edges.
- Modified: Some optimisations in Falagard StaticText renderer to reduce unneccessary text formatting calls (which have the potential to be very expensive).
- Added: Functions to DragContainer to support a custom fixed offset from which the container will always be dragged from.
- Added: DragContainer::pickUp function to allow user code to programatically pick up a sticky mode DragContainer. See: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4406
- Added: Definitions for Combobox and Progressbar in Vanilla looknfeel and scheme.
- Added: Optional extended input event injectors for mouse button click, double-click and triple-click events. NB: Lua bindind needs regenerating. See: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=299.
- Added: Setting to System to disable the automatic generation of mouse button click, double-click and triple-click events.
- Added: Package config file for CEGUI / Ogre. See: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=312.
- Added: Basic math operator overloads to UVector2 that take a single UDim. See: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4403
- Added: Window::invalidate(const bool) function to enable recursiv invalidation of all child content for a window as well as the window itself. NB: This function replaces the old Window::invalidate function (with no args), which is now deprecated and will be removed at some future time (circa 0.8.x)
- Added: New events FrameWindow::EventDragSizingStarted and FrameWindow::EventDragSizingEnded.
- Added: User configurable System level global custom RenderedStringParser to be used whenever parsing is enabled and no custom parser is set for a window.
- Added: Expanded tags supported in BasicRenderedStringParser to expose the existing padding and vertical alignment support, and to add support for specifying image dimensions.
- Added: VertExtent and HorzExtent properties added to Falagard StaticText renderer to return current pixel extents of formatted text. See: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4363
- Deleted: Remove Commonwealth, Iconified and Sword fonts due to possible licensing issues.
As always, we hope you all find this release useful, use the CEGUI Forums if you require support (and not the Ogre or Irrlicht forums!), and please remember to post your CEGUI log file!
The CEGUI Team.