CEGUI 0.7.5 is Released!

Official announcements from the CEGUI project.

Moderator: CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

CEGUI 0.7.5 is Released!

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Nov 20, 2010 13:45

Greetings to one and all, yes, it is release time :D

We are pleased to announce the 0.7.5 release of the CEGUI library. The number of changes for this release are somewhat modest, though are important because this release features the first attempt at officially supported Python bindings for the core library and the OpenGL, Ogre and Null renderers (this is important because the Python bindings are being used for the new toolset that we're working on). Please note that at this stage, unfortunately, the Apple Mac OS X versions of the Python bindings are not 100% usable, and so the Mac SDK is provided without these extension modules (though they are buildable, for people who want to try and work with them until a future release when they will be working correctly out of the box).

The precompiled Win32 binaries were built using Ogre 1.7.2, Irrlicht 1.7.1 and the June 2010 DirectX, except for the MSVC++ 2005 package, that was built with Ogre 1.7.1, Irrlicht 1.7.1 and the February 2010 DirectX SDK. Additionally, the SDK package for MSVC++ 2005 is built without the Direct3D 11 renderer module. The Mac OS X SDK was built using Ogre 1.7.2 and Irrlicht 1.7.1.

The following packages are available for immediate download:
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.5 source code (.zip file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.5 source code (.tar.gz file)

Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.5 Documentation package (.zip file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.5 Documentation package (.tar.gz file)

Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.5 precompiled SDK for MSVC++ 2005 (with SP1 + ATL fix) (.zip file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.5 precompiled SDK for MSVC++ 2008 (with SP1) (.zip file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.5 precompiled SDK for MSVC++ 2010 (.zip file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.5 precompiled SDK for Apple Mac OS X (32 bit Universal) (.zip file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.5 precompiled SDK for MinGW (.zip file) (experimental / unsupported)

CEGUI 0.7.x-r2 precompiled dependencies for MSVC++ 2005 (with SP1 + ATL fix) (.zip file)
CEGUI 0.7.x-r2 precompiled dependencies for MSVC++ 2008 (with SP1) (.zip file)
CEGUI 0.7.x-r3 precompiled dependencies for MSVC++ 2010 (.zip file)
CEGUI 0.7.x precompiled dependencies for Apple Mac OS X (32 bit Universal) (.zip file)
CEGUI 0.7.x-r1 precompiled dependencies for MinGW (.zip file) (experimental / unsupported)

The change log additions for this release are as follows:
ChangeLog wrote:Release 0.7.5
- Added: Initial version of the officially supported Python extension modules:
- PyCEGUI - Support for the core CEGUI library.
- PyCEGUIOpenGLRenderer - Support for the OpenGL based renderer.
- PyCEGUIOgreRenderer - Support for the Ogre based renderer.
- PyCEGUINullRenderer - Support for the Null renderer.

- Modified: Grimmigbeisser's patch improving the menu system - automatically opening/closing popups after certain time, closing all nested popups when their parent is closed and PopupOffset (closes http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=408)

- Documentation: Kulik is a team member now!

As always, we hope everybody finds this release useful, use the CEGUI Forums if you require support, and please remember to post your CEGUI log file!

Cheers,

CrazyEddie

Mikademus
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: CEGUI 0.7.5 is Released!

Postby Mikademus » Sat Nov 20, 2010 19:34

Let me be the first to congratulate and cheer! I've always preferred Python to Lua and I love to see my favourite projects moving on and ahead!

:pint:

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Sat Nov 20, 2010 19:51

Let me just post a note here that for Python only Win32 users, the easiest choice of getting CEGUI is via PYPI

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyCEGUI/0.7.5

If you use C++ and python scripting, you are probably better off with SDK modules. The MSI package is only windows, only 32bit and python 2.6 or 2.7. The bindings are multi platform though, they can be built on Linux and MacOSX (with some path difficulties from what I have heard).

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun Nov 21, 2010 09:26

The issue with Mac OS X paths basically involves issues with where we attempt to load the plugin bundles from (CEGUIExpatParser.bundle and such). This will be addressed very soon, and will probably force the release of a 0.7.6 along with 0.8.0 in January.

CE.

spracle
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby spracle » Thu Nov 25, 2010 07:33

Congratulations to everyone, :D

ogre2012
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby ogre2012 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 08:08

Today, I find that there is no CEGUIOgreRenderer_d.lib in the V0.7.5.
Because I use ogre which should be connected with the CEGUIOgreRenderer_d.lib.
How to solve that.
And where can I load the V0.7.2 source code.
Thank you very much!

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Mon Apr 04, 2011 08:37

ogre2012: Please don't hijack threads, create your own. Why would you need 0.7.2 source when you can have 0.7.5? If you want to use Ogre SDK and CEGUI SDK you have to make sure you use the exact 2 compatible ones. I recommend you to build it yourself, you will save a lot of trouble. It's not that much work when you download the dependency pack.

ogre2012
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby ogre2012 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 02:50

Kulik wrote:Let me just post a note here that for Python only Win32 users, the easiest choice of getting CEGUI is via PYPI

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PyCEGUI/0.7.5

If you use C++ and python scripting, you are probably better off with SDK modules. The MSI package is only windows, only 32bit and python 2.6 or 2.7. The bindings are multi platform though, they can be built on Linux and MacOSX (with some path difficulties from what I have heard).

I have got the CEGUIOgreRenderer_d.lib through setting the config.lua file in the 0.7.5 .
So I needn't the 0.7.2.
Thank you.

kbogert
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby kbogert » Sun May 29, 2011 19:04

CrazyEddie wrote:The issue with Mac OS X paths basically involves issues with where we attempt to load the plugin bundles from (CEGUIExpatParser.bundle and such). This will be addressed very soon, and will probably force the release of a 0.7.6 along with 0.8.0 in January.

CE.

I'm running into this, are there any plans for releasing 0.7.6 soon? If not, if anyone knows a workaround it would be very appreciated.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue May 31, 2011 18:01

kbogert wrote:
CrazyEddie wrote:The issue with Mac OS X paths basically involves issues with where we attempt to load the plugin bundles from (CEGUIExpatParser.bundle and such). This will be addressed very soon, and will probably force the release of a 0.7.6 along with 0.8.0 in January.

CE.

I'm running into this, are there any plans for releasing 0.7.6 soon? If not, if anyone knows a workaround it would be very appreciated.

This issue, relating to the python modules, is addressed here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5619, this should work fine with 0.7.5, though you have to build the modules yourself, obviously. A 0.7.6 release is highly unlikely - one reason being a release means a 'full release', which involves building a lot of stuff using scripts that no longer work with compilers I no longer have installed ;) The focus is really on 0.8.0 - which as you can see is also delayed by six months (and counting), mostly due to myself not having the time to focus on CEGUI right now.

CE.

kbogert
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby kbogert » Wed Jun 01, 2011 03:23

Thanks! Placing the .bundle's in CEGUIBase.framework/PlugIns fixed the problem. Is this anywhere on the wiki?

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Wed Jun 01, 2011 07:42

I think it's not in the wiki, feel free to remedy that :-)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 15:28

Yeah, it's definitely not in the wiki, I only figured this out myself the other day, before writing the solution in that other topic :D

CE.

Return to “Official Announcements, Works in Progress, and Future Directions”