NEW: Reputations

Official announcements from the CEGUI project.

Moderator: CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

NEW: Reputations

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun May 15, 2011 19:22

Greetings to all.

The more observant among you may have noticed a little something on the forum that was not there before, and that is Reputations. Basically it is now possible to up-vote and down-vote posts, and as this happens, the user gains or loses overall reputation. This enables everyone to easily see who are the useful members of the community, and who are the time-wasters and the leeches. Or to put it another way, it becomes possible to see those people who are helping out the CEGUI project, and as such allows everyone - especially the devs, MVPs and mods - to focus their attention and limited time where it will be of most value to the community as a whole.

Now, of course, we are all starting off at zero, so it will take a little while for things to 'kick in' properly. We would also like to take the chance to remind you not to try and abuse this in some form - such as going through a lot of old posts just to get someone's rep very high or very low - we will respond to such things ;)

Anyway, hopefully this is a bit of fun, and also useful too. Let us know what you think!

From The CEGUI Devs!

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: NEW: Reputations

Postby Kulik » Sun May 15, 2011 19:35

I just wanted to add that it should be regarded good manners to upvote someone who helps you by replying in your thread but don't feel obliged to upvote all replies you get.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Jan 18, 2012 07:56

Just a note to say that reputations are broken. We might look at an alternative sometime soon :D

CE.

Ident
CEGUI Team

Postby Ident » Mon Feb 06, 2012 17:03

If you manage to fix it, please don't forget to restore my accumulated 2381 reputation points.
CrazyEddie: "I don't like GUIs"

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 08:16

Ident wrote:If you manage to fix it, please don't forget to restore my accumulated 2381 reputation points.

Your reputation is well known - no need for 'points' :lol:

CE

Return to “Official Announcements, Works in Progress, and Future Directions”