Non-English forum sections (Chinese)

Official announcements from the CEGUI project.

Moderator: CEGUI Team

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Non-English forum sections (Chinese)

Postby Kulik » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:57

We've noticed that the wiki page gets a lot of Chinese visitors (~20%, more than USA!) however the forums don't get many posts from Chinese users. The reason for that is probably because English is not comfortable to write to Chinese users.

I think it would be a nice idea to create a forum section just for Chinese (or any other language really), so that they can discuss CEGUI issues there. If anyone able to write Chinese is reading this, PM me so we can arrange that (we definitely need someone to moderate that section - I can't read Chinese without Google translator :-D).

There are also many German visitors (~10%), however I think English is more comfortable for most Germans than it is for most Chinese. French visitors are at ~6%.

Feel free to post any opinions about this. On one hand it splits the knowledge base into 2 or even more chunks, plus we can't reply because we won't be able to read/write Chinese. On the other hand it could help some users considerably.

Mikademus
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: Non-English forum sections (Chinese)

Postby Mikademus » Sat Jul 09, 2011 16:22

1) More users and more discussion are always better.
2) It doesn't cost to try.

Give it a shot, and if you want an announcement send it to me and I will provide a translation by a native Chinese speaker.

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: Non-English forum sections (Chinese)

Postby Kulik » Sat Jul 09, 2011 16:43

We definitely need a Chinese moderator for this to happen, I don't think opening a forum that won't be moderated at all is the way to go.

Return to “Official Announcements, Works in Progress, and Future Directions”