We are pleased to announce the seventh release of Crazy Eddie's GUI System from the v0-7 stable branch. This release is quite important since it fixes quite a few bugs from 0.7.5, though - as always - we've also managed to fit a few new bits in there for you too.
One thing related to this release is of major significance, and that is the fact that there are no precompiled binary SDKs; to use this version of CEGUI and all future versions, you will be required to compile the library yourselves - using the appropriate options and other libraries that you wish to use. There are many reasons this decision was taken, the biggest reason is that we really do not use Windows for development any more, and as such making SDKs is a major chore for us. The other reason is that SDKs go out of date too fast as regards to versions of certain other libraries, and as soon as that happens we're left with a support nightmare for months on end until a new release can be put out. I will add that we would be happy for community members to produce binary packages for their chosen compiler, and we would be happy for links to those to appear on the main download pages - although clearly marked as community supplied and community supported.
The following packages are available for immediate download:
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.6 source code (.zip file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.6 source code (.tar.gz file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.6 Documentation package (.zip file)
Crazy Eddie's GUI System 0.7.6 Documentation package (.tar.gz file)
CEGUI 0.7.x-r2 precompiled dependencies for MSVC++ 2005 (with SP1 + ATL fix) (.zip file)
CEGUI 0.7.x-r2 precompiled dependencies for MSVC++ 2008 (with SP1) (.zip file)
CEGUI 0.7.x-r3 precompiled dependencies for MSVC++ 2010 (.zip file)
CEGUI 0.7.x precompiled dependencies for Apple Mac OS X (32 bit Universal) (.zip file)
CEGUI 0.7.x-r1 precompiled dependencies for MinGW (.zip file) (experimental / unsupported)
The change log additions for this release are as follows:
ChangeLog wrote:Release 0.7.6
- Bug Fix: Backported the TinyXML API version check and related code conditionals from default (cmake) branch to here (autotools).
- Bug Fix: Make ScrolledContainer not issue the content changed notification when in the destruction phase. This fixes issues in clients of ScrolledContainer that respond to this notification. Via patch from Erik Ogenvik.
- Bug Fix: include of cstddef header was missing for ptrdiff_t useage. see: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5546
- Bug Fix: remove incorrect instances of 'size_t' from lua package files. See: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=441
- Bug Fix: Ensure MCL keeps selection in single-select mode(s).
- Bug Fix: Issue where empty variable would break configure script.
- Bug Fix: Python detection should firstly not specify an exact version, and secondly should look for 2.7 as a possible version.
- Bug Fix: make.bat file for regenerating the lua binding on Windows had the wrong output path
- Bug Fix: Apply patch from ianstangoe to save/restore viewport and projection matrix in Ogre renderer. See: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=430
- Bug Fix: Some include guards were incorrect.
- Bug Fix: Remove offset from label area in Vanilla/Button that was throwing off centred text. This issue is what originated this ticked: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=426
- Bug Fix: Resolve issue where content attached to a FrameWindow that is initially in the 'rolled up' state does not immediately display when the FrameWindow is subsequently unrolled. http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=409
- Bug Fix: Add bounds checking to ensure clipping regions will always be valid as scissor rects (all sides >=0). Insurance against future like this one: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=403
- Bug Fix: resolve issue where a totally clipped Window attached to a parent with a RenderingWindow surface would generate an invalid clipping rect for it's GeometryBuffer. This is the likely source of the issues in this ticket: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=403
- Bug Fix: Ensure GeometryBuffer clip rects are initialised to something when creating those objects.
- Bug Fix: issue where '0' was tested as a default mouse cursor value instead of MouseCursorImageLLDefaultMouseCursor (-1)
- Bug Fix: resolve issue I introduced which could set mouse image to address -1 and cause a seg fault.
- Bug Fix: Resolve issue where FrameWindow::isTitleBarEnabled and
- Bug Fix: FrameWindow::isCloseButtonEnabled used inherited state thus causing incorrect image and incorrect inner rect areas to be used when FrameWindow was disabled. http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=411
- Bug Fix: Resolve issue where initial call of MouseCursor::constrainPosition would access uninitialised d_position member variable. http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=401
- Bug Fix: Detect __HAIKU__ as a *nix variant. Thanks to michaelvoliveira for a patch. http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=417
- Bug Fix: Issue where Window::setMouseCursor did not update the cursor image immediately if the cursor was already within the window's area. http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=412
- Bug Fix: Issue where we would try to (re)create Tooltip as part of system destruction when WindowManager is in locked state. http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=423
- Bug Fix: ScrolledContainer should pass mouse events back to it's parent in order that things like mouse scroll wheel works.
- Bug Fix: Divisoin by zero / NaN issue with slider where the thumb would end up never getting a correct position. Thanks to Erik Hjortsberg.
- Bug Fix: Resolve issue where a destroyed window could leave references to it's GeometryBuffer in some RenderingSurface queue.
- Bug Fix: errors in the VanillaWindows.layout example file.
- Bug Fix: Issues of deleting a class instance that was only forward referenced.
- Bug Fix: The config option to exclude PCRE did not exclude a PCRE specific header.
- Modified: Move to system default compiler and system default OS X SDK in order that ppl are not forced into having specific versions of the dev tools installed (and by 'people', I mean me :-p)
- Added: Functions that allow people to do useful things in WindowRenderer implementations (and other places).
- Added: InventoryDemo.
- Added: Null animation name support
- Added: isAnimationPresent
- Added: Eol extension + it's settings so Windows developers don't pollute the repo with CR LF
- Added: RadioButton to Vanilla, via patches from Ident.
- Added: Checkbox to Vanilla skin, via patches from Ident.
- Added: Window::getZIndex, Window::isInFront and Window::isBehind functions to enable client code to discover z-ordering of windows.
- Documentation: Update docs to reference the mercurial repositories rather than subversion.
- Documentation: Fix typo in ImageDim example. Thanks to Ident.
As always, we hope everybody finds this release useful, use the CEGUI Forums if you require support, and please remember to post your CEGUI log file!