Crazy Eddie's GUI System - Announcement for 26th April 2013.
While we previously announced that the next major release of Crazy Eddie's GUI System would be CEGUI 1.0, and that we would officially be out of beta, circumstances and various events have resulted in the completion of certain tasks that we consider essential in order to finally sign off on the big one point zero release taking a little longer than initially anticipated.
As developers yourselves, we know you will understand that the 1.0 release is hugely important for the project and that it is essential that we get that right - which is why the release was not made in 2012 and, indeed, is why I am here today to tell you that we have decided to take some more time to ensure that the CEGUI 1.0 release will be as polished as we can possibly make it.
Having said that, we are exceptionally proud of all of the work towards CEGUI 1.0 that has already been completed. We have made massive structural and API consistency improvements, implemented new features and improved some old features that we found lacking, as well as making bug fixes and various performance improvements to the system.
Because we are so eager for the many thousands of CEGUI developers out there to share the new CEGUI experience and actually start to use these exciting improvements, I am extremely happy to be able to announce today that the next major release of Crazy Eddie's GUI System will be made on 26th May 2013. The release will be CEGUI version 0.8.0 and will be free for all to use under the MIT license agreement.
The release will of course be accompanied by a change log, but I'll whet your appetite by mentioning a handful of the awesome features that will come as part of the CEGUI version 0.8.0 release:
This is, of course, just the tip of the iceberg. We are confident that once you get to use the new, more fluid CEGUI version 0.8.0 release and become familiar with the changes we have made to the system, it will totally blow you away!
- Unified CMake based build generator for all supported platforms.
- Source based dependency package for MSVC++ and Xcode users, to ensure you get the right library configurations every time - no more headaches because the prebuilt dependencies used a different compiler or different configuration!
- The all new sample browser, framework and samples created via our participation in GSoC 2012. This includes new samples showing off some of the more advanced features of CEGUI that may not have been previously shown.
- Support for GUIContexts, allowing multiple simultaneous GUIs on multiple separate rendering targets. This makes things like in-scene GUIs a breeze to pull off.
- Extensions, fixes and refinements to CEGUI's superb Falagard skinning system, making the already unrivalled skin definition language even better and more powerful than ever.
- The initial work on CEGUI's 'Common Dialogs' library.
- Full support in CEED - CEGUI's unified editor - for various CEGUI datafiles. Including the ability to painlessly migrate your existing 0.7.x datafiles to the updated 1.0 formats.
Thank you for taking the time to read this announcement - see you on the 26th May 2013!
Paul D Turner
Project lead for Crazy Eddie's GUI System.
Official announcements from the CEGUI project.
Moderator: CEGUI Team
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests