CEGUI Layout Editor 1.3 - Bugs and Suggestions

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Re: CEGUI Layout Editor 1.3 - Bugs and Suggestions

Postby scriptkid » Sat Sep 24, 2005 16:02

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Scipstkid, if you dont mind , please send me a complied version. :)
My email: tienph711@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks.

Frustrating indeed! Just to make sure a few more things: you don't have wxWidgets compiled at some fancy configuration or something? I just did "vanilla" debug and release. No DLL's builds, no unicode or any non-default stuff.

I'll will send you a compiled version, i hope tonight. Otherwise tomorrow morning, ok?

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Sun Sep 25, 2005 16:48

Hi all,

the highlight-bug has been fixed, and should be in cvs by the time you read this message :-)

Sponge
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Sponge » Mon Nov 14, 2005 16:00

I want to make one suggestion. Make objects lockable. Just a simple checkmark or a hotkey is sufficient, so that it won't move anymore in the editor. It is *so* frustrating when you move the parent accidentally when moving a child object, and have t ocorrect it by manually resetting the object smaller, because it's impossible to get it on the right position by mouse again. (Especially if the object is [0,0]-[1,1])

I love the tool though. I can make a new dialog in minutes and have it running in Lua :D

synergy
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby synergy » Tue Nov 15, 2005 04:58

Hello,

First and foremost: thank you, scriptkid, for saving us from the death of raw-XML-texfile editing. The layout editor is damn convenient and I love it. Great work!

Just had a quick comment...

Any plans to handle user-defined imagesets? If so, any idea when? ;)

Also, I can see that you've removed the tabbed formatting of the XML output files. Would it be possible to re-implement this function as an option? I think that might be pretty cool.

Along with the suggestions made by others, I think this tool is destined to be extremely powerful and useful to the loyal users of the CEGUI system.

Anyway, back to work--take care!

Ryan

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Tue Nov 15, 2005 08:08

Sponge wrote:
I want to make one suggestion. Make objects lockable. Just a simple checkmark or a hotkey is sufficient, so that it won't move anymore in the editor.

Hi, i get the feature request. But i don't really understand the accidental moving of a parent. Do you mean that you somethimes miss-click & drag? (no offence ;-))

I love the tool though. I can make a new dialog in minutes and have it running in Lua :D

That's good to hear :-)

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Tue Nov 15, 2005 08:18

synergy wrote:
Hello,

First and foremost: thank you, scriptkid, for saving us from the death of raw-XML-texfile editing. The layout editor is damn convenient and I love it. Great work!

Thanks! :-)

Any plans to handle user-defined imagesets? If so, any idea when? ;)

I get this request more often. I will have to look how to do this. Do you mean that it's possible to create imageset definitions on the fly, and use from them?

Also, I can see that you've removed the tabbed formatting of the XML output files. Would it be possible to re-implement this function as an option? I think that might be pretty cool.

Yeah, that's because the editor now uses cegui's own xml writing functionality, which doesn't do any formatting. I will have a look if we can patch cegui by passing a parameter or something which defines whether you want formatting.

synergy
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby synergy » Wed Nov 16, 2005 02:56

Hello again,

With respect to the user-defined imagesets, I am specifically referring to the ability to specify an .imageset XML file as a parameter to the layout editor. I'm not sure how you're currently loading the WindowsLook/TaharezLook imagesets/textures, but I would imagine it wouldn't be too much work (assuming you're parsing the .imageset files and not using any hard-codes).

As you can imagine, it would be really powerful to design windows using our own imagery. :)

...and thanks for looking into that tabbing feature.

Cheers,

Ryan

Sponge
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Sponge » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:06

scriptkid wrote:
Hi, i get the feature request. But i don't really understand the accidental moving of a parent. Do you mean that you somethimes miss-click & drag? (no offence ;-))

No, really, I do not misclick. I click on the handles, and then the window "below" gets selected. This happens for example, when I have a static image, and above this image a button.

Code: Select all

Root
|-Default Window
   |
    - Static Image
        |
         - Button

for example

Sponge
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Sponge » Mon Nov 21, 2005 13:21

Oh, Just one plain simple idea to make the program even better :).

Add identation in the saved format. Just one tab per nested node deeper. It makes the layout files a lot easier to read when applying manual changes 8) ;).

(I'm really glad that I found out about CEGUI, it cuts development time a LOT! 8) )

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Mon Nov 21, 2005 13:57

Sponge wrote:
No, really, I do not misclick. I click on the handles, and then the window "below" gets selected. This happens for example, when I have a static image, and above this image a button.

Code: Select all

Root
|-Default Window
   |
    - Static Image
        |
         - Button

for example

Sorry for the late reply, i will give this situation a look at my own system.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Mon Nov 21, 2005 13:58

Sponge wrote:
Add identation in the saved format. Just one tab per nested node deeper. It makes the layout files a lot easier to read when applying manual changes 8) ;).

Please scroll a few message up ;-) :-)

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”