CEGUI Layout Editor 1.3 - Bugs and Suggestions

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Van
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

CEGUI Layout Editor 1.3 - Bugs and Suggestions

Postby Van » Thu Sep 15, 2005 16:05

CEGUILayoutEditor Version: 1.3
Windows XP - I downloaded the BINARY only.

Getting better all the time - GOOD JOB!

1. Be able to set the default font - not per window, but for the entire layout. We use a different font an its annoying to try and layout the window in one font to find out that widgets are too big/small with the correct font.

2. Doesn't support tabbed windows and will mess up files that do have them.

3. Selecting widgets doesn't keep the selected item highlighted (i.e. red line around the widget).

4. Mutli-select doesn't high-light for some reason (like in the older program). Also, once you have multi-slected widgets, program won't let go of the widgets. You have to exit and come back in. Example. Select two button and align them.

5. STILL can't rename widgets. The copy/paste feature is nice but I can't rename the widget.

6. Ability to Resize Main Dialog (some of us work at large screen resolutions).

7. Perhaps make the Main Dialog dockable similar to Microsofts DE solution explorer window? That is, when its not active it hides itself? Or, just add the ability to hide the Main Dialog box.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Re: CEGUI Layout Editor 1.3 - Bugs and Suggestions

Postby scriptkid » Fri Sep 16, 2005 18:58

Hello Van,

thanks for you reactions :-)

The highlighting issue is certainly a bug! Weird one, just slipped in! :-(

You request will be taken into account. One of the first things will be the renaming issue.

At this moment, the dialog box is being re-done by some community members so the issues you mention might be handled there as well.

I will add your list to this wiki page, which we use as a sort of "feature request" list:

http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/ ... e_Requests

Kind regards,
SK.

theli
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby theli » Mon Sep 19, 2005 18:43

as for linux version :oops:

1. CVS doesn't have StringHelper.h which is needed
1.1 "No rule to make target `inc/StringHelper.h'"
2. ini file is created in current directory..,
(would be fine in ~/.CELayoutEditor)
3. current makefiles don't set wxgl support in libs ...
WX_LIBS need output from 'wx-config --gl-libs' to be added

i have problem using it after installing :(
it sees only DefaultWindow in any LookScheme :(

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Sep 19, 2005 20:54

theli wrote:
1. CVS doesn't have StringHelper.h which is needed

Obviously a minor oversight on Scriptkids part; he probably forgot to add the file to CVS.

theli wrote:
2. ini file is created in current directory..,
(would be fine in ~/.CELayoutEditor)

This was intentional, to allow different configurations depending on which directory you're editing in.

theli wrote:
3. current makefiles don't set wxgl support in libs ...

Yes, they do; or at least did for all the people on IRC that tested this before the patch was applied and committed. We do have the gl libs specified within the optional libs arg for the wxWidgets testing macro in configure.ac. Post your config.log and we may be able to see what went wrong in your case.

theli wrote:
i have problem using it after installing :(
it sees only DefaultWindow in any LookScheme :(

This might be caused if you're using the CVS HEAD code of CEGUI - which is extremely unstable, and not currently supported by the editor. Use the latest 0.4.0 stable release instead. If you're already using the stable release, what does CEGUI.log say?

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Tue Sep 20, 2005 07:14

Hello Theli,

thanks for posting your results. I will have a look some of the issues tonight. The missing header file is an easy one ;-)

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Tue Sep 20, 2005 18:49

Hi Theli,

the file is in :-)

theli
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby theli » Tue Sep 20, 2005 19:37

cool :)

but makefiles anyway should be fixed
1. "No rule to make target `inc/StringHelper.h'"
2. as for gl-libs ... where should i post config.log ?
here ?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:29

The "No rule to make target 'inc/StringHelper.h'" seems to indicate that you're trying to compile the header file. Since nothing in the provied build system does this, I have no idea. Perhaps you should delete the current CELayoutEditor directory and start again from scratch - with a fresh CVS checkout?

For the gl-libs issue, which version of wxWidgets are you using? And what output do you get from: 'wx-config gl --libs' at the command line?

Just for info: this morning I did a build of the editor on a different machine (i.e. a machine that had not previously configured for development) and the thing configured and built without either of these issues.

theli
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby theli » Wed Sep 21, 2005 17:41

as for "no rule for inc/StringHelper" i'm not sure why this happened ... and now this gone...

as for --gl-libs and others ...

wx-config-2.6 --version

wx-config-2.6 --gl-libs
-lwx_gtk2u_gl-2.6

config.log

and,besides this
1. when i try to open some file it expects GUILayout.xsd in the same dir with this file (but,maybe,this the way it should be?)
2. when i open any file i can see only gray background and nothing more :( (but when i add something i CAN see it :) )

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Thu Sep 22, 2005 07:38

Hi,

wxWidgets version seems fine, as it is the most recent which is use too. But this is where my knowledge on "config" stops.

1. when i try to open some file it expects GUILayout.xsd in the same dir with this file (but,maybe,this the way it should be?)

Yeah i verified this and it still seems to be an issue. I don't know what i can do about this for the moment...

2. when i open any file i can see only gray background and nothing more :( (but when i add something i CAN see it :) )

True, that's one of the few remaing re-paint issues/differences between wxWidgets and MFC, so it seems. Working on it ;-)

tienph
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby tienph » Fri Sep 23, 2005 16:39

When i compile it in VS , i get following bugs:

------ Build started: Project: CELayoutEditor, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

Linking...
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: static struct wxEventTable const wxGLCanvas::sm_eventTable" (?sm_eventTable@wxGLCanvas@@1UwxEventTable@@B)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class wxClassInfo * __thiscall wxGLCanvas::GetClassInfo(void)const " (?GetClassInfo@wxGLCanvas@@UBEPAVwxClassInfo@@XZ)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall wxGLCanvas::~wxGLCanvas(void)" (??1wxGLCanvas@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function $L151112
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glDepthFunc@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall EditorCanvas::EditorCanvas(class wxView *,class wxFrame *,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const &)" (??0EditorCanvas@@QAE@PAVwxView@@PAVwxFrame@@ABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glClearDepth@8 referenced in function "public: __thiscall EditorCanvas::EditorCanvas(class wxView *,class wxFrame *,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const &)" (??0EditorCanvas@@QAE@PAVwxView@@PAVwxFrame@@ABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glClearColor@16 referenced in function "public: __thiscall EditorCanvas::EditorCanvas(class wxView *,class wxFrame *,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const &)" (??0EditorCanvas@@QAE@PAVwxView@@PAVwxFrame@@ABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glEnable@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall EditorCanvas::EditorCanvas(class wxView *,class wxFrame *,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const &)" (??0EditorCanvas@@QAE@PAVwxView@@PAVwxFrame@@ABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glShadeModel@4 referenced in function "public: __thiscall EditorCanvas::EditorCanvas(class wxView *,class wxFrame *,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const &)" (??0EditorCanvas@@QAE@PAVwxView@@PAVwxFrame@@ABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall wxGLCanvas::SetCurrent(void)" (?SetCurrent@wxGLCanvas@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall EditorCanvas::EditorCanvas(class wxView *,class wxFrame *,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const &)" (??0EditorCanvas@@QAE@PAVwxView@@PAVwxFrame@@ABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall wxGLCanvas::wxGLCanvas(class wxWindow *,class wxGLCanvas const *,int,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const &,long,class wxString const &,int *,class wxPalette const &)" (??0wxGLCanvas@@QAE@PAVwxWindow@@PBV0@HABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@JABVwxString@@PAHABVwxPalette@@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall EditorCanvas::EditorCanvas(class wxView *,class wxFrame *,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const &)" (??0EditorCanvas@@QAE@PAVwxView@@PAVwxFrame@@ABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gluPerspective@32 referenced in function "public: void __thiscall EditorCanvas::changeSize(int,int)" (?changeSize@EditorCanvas@@QAEXHH@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glLoadIdentity@0 referenced in function "public: void __thiscall EditorCanvas::changeSize(int,int)" (?changeSize@EditorCanvas@@QAEXHH@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glMatrixMode@4 referenced in function "public: void __thiscall EditorCanvas::changeSize(int,int)" (?changeSize@EditorCanvas@@QAEXHH@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glViewport@16 referenced in function "public: void __thiscall EditorCanvas::changeSize(int,int)" (?changeSize@EditorCanvas@@QAEXHH@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall wxGLCanvas::SwapBuffers(void)" (?SwapBuffers@wxGLCanvas@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall EditorCanvas::OnPaint(class wxPaintEvent &)" (?OnPaint@EditorCanvas@@IAEXAAVwxPaintEvent@@@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glFlush@0 referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall EditorCanvas::OnPaint(class wxPaintEvent &)" (?OnPaint@EditorCanvas@@IAEXAAVwxPaintEvent@@@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__glClear@4 referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall EditorCanvas::OnPaint(class wxPaintEvent &)" (?OnPaint@EditorCanvas@@IAEXAAVwxPaintEvent@@@Z)
..\bin\release\CELayoutEditor.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 17 unresolved externals

Build log was saved at "file://d:\CELayoutEditor\vc++6\Release\BuildLog.htm"
CELayoutEditor - 18 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

How to solve it?

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Sat Sep 24, 2005 09:17

Hi,

the log seems to show both Canvas- and GL problems. For the canvas error, have you setup wxWidgets correctly? Please read paragraph 4 here:

http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Getting_Started

And you might need to add the following libs for the linker:

*opengl32.lib

Let me know if this does the trick, so i can commit it to the project settings. Because it should not be a requirement..

Good luck! :-)

zap
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby zap » Sat Sep 24, 2005 13:19

1. CELayoutEditor doesn't compile/work with latest CEGUI. Any plans to change this? :)

2. The red selection around the currently selected element is not always shown. This is both in Windows and Linux.

3. The "left margin" entry box can't be edited. Whatever I enter there is ignored. Other entry boxes work.

tienph
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby tienph » Sat Sep 24, 2005 13:21

For the canvas error, have you setup wxWidgets correctly? Please read paragraph 4 here:

yes, i have.
And you might need to add the following libs for the linker:opengl32.lib

when i do that all gl problems disappear, but Canvas doesnt:

Linking...
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: static struct wxEventTable const wxGLCanvas::sm_eventTable" (?sm_eventTable@wxGLCanvas@@1UwxEventTable@@B)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual class wxClassInfo * __thiscall wxGLCanvas::GetClassInfo(void)const " (?GetClassInfo@wxGLCanvas@@UBEPAVwxClassInfo@@XZ)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall wxGLCanvas::~wxGLCanvas(void)" (??1wxGLCanvas@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function $L151112
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall wxGLCanvas::SetCurrent(void)" (?SetCurrent@wxGLCanvas@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "public: __thiscall EditorCanvas::EditorCanvas(class wxView *,class wxFrame *,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const &)" (??0EditorCanvas@@QAE@PAVwxView@@PAVwxFrame@@ABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall wxGLCanvas::wxGLCanvas(class wxWindow *,class wxGLCanvas const *,int,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const &,long,class wxString const &,int *,class wxPalette const &)" (??0wxGLCanvas@@QAE@PAVwxWindow@@PBV0@HABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@JABVwxString@@PAHABVwxPalette@@@Z) referenced in function "public: __thiscall EditorCanvas::EditorCanvas(class wxView *,class wxFrame *,class wxPoint const &,class wxSize const &)" (??0EditorCanvas@@QAE@PAVwxView@@PAVwxFrame@@ABVwxPoint@@ABVwxSize@@@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _gluPerspective@32 referenced in function "public: void __thiscall EditorCanvas::changeSize(int,int)" (?changeSize@EditorCanvas@@QAEXHH@Z)
EditorCanvas.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall wxGLCanvas::SwapBuffers(void)" (?SwapBuffers@wxGLCanvas@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function "protected: void __thiscall EditorCanvas::OnPaint(class wxPaintEvent &)" (?OnPaint@EditorCanvas@@IAEXAAVwxPaintEvent@@@Z)
..\bin\release\CELayoutEditor.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals

VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Scipstkid, if you dont mind , please send me a complied version. :)
My email: tienph711@yahoo.co.uk
Thanks.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Sat Sep 24, 2005 15:58

zap wrote:
1. CELayoutEditor doesn't compile/work with latest CEGUI. Any plans to change this? :)

2. The red selection around the currently selected element is not always shown. This is both in Windows and Linux.

3. The "left margin" entry box can't be edited. Whatever I enter there is ignored. Other entry boxes work.

Hi,

the editor doesn't work with the cegui 'head', because major changes are being made by the other teammembers. I strongly advise using the stable 0.4.0 version ;-)

The red selection is a major bug indeed, it has my highest priority. I have been looking into it for a few hours already with no success. I'm not sure when it made it's entry, since i developed on a win98 old laptop, on which is does work..

You need to download the latest installer from the download area; the left-margin box is an ancient version ;-) (well about a week or two) :-)

Good luck!

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”