Tab Control can't have children?

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

saetrum
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Tab Control can't have children?

Postby saetrum » Wed Feb 01, 2006 17:46

1st off - Thank you Scriptkid for all the work you've done on the layout editor. It saves me so much time.

I've noticed that I can't create a tab control and add children to it. Is this a known issue, or is there a different way I should add a tabbed window?

edit: I'm using the latest windows installer version (not cvs).

Thanks!
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that don't.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Re: Tab Control can't have children?

Postby scriptkid » Thu Feb 02, 2006 08:55

Hi Saetrum,

nice to hear that the editor saves you some time :-)

About your question: do you mean that you get the warning which tells you to use the API from your code? If so, that is intended, because when i started to write the editor, some windows children (mostly specific classes in stead of just Windows) could not be read from XML by CEGUI.

But since then things have changed. I think that other types of children are possible now as well. It is on my todo list to have another look at these windows, and see if i can add support for them :-)

Until then, you can only add the "parents" in the editor, and add the tab pages from your code. Or, if CEGUI allows you to do this, manually add these windows to your XML file. (And hope that the editor doesn't crash ;-))

Good luck!

saetrum
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Re: Tab Control can't have children?

Postby saetrum » Thu Feb 02, 2006 16:51

scriptkid wrote:

Until then, you can only add the "parents" in the editor, and add the tab pages from your code. Or, if CEGUI allows you to do this, manually add these windows to your XML file. (And hope that the editor doesn't crash ;-))

Good luck!

Yes, I was getting a warning saying that the control can not have children added in the editor and I would have to use the API in code to add the window.

I tried the last option (adding it in XML then opening in the editor). The editor doesn't crash, but it doesn't actually show the contents of the child windows either...so I'll have to compromise and add a default window in the editor, and then change it to a tabcontrol in xml after it has been saved.

Thanks!
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that don't.

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”