Problems with the Official Layout Editor

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Clay
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Problems with the Official Layout Editor

Postby Clay » Mon Mar 13, 2006 02:31

I am trying to create a simple layout with the layout editor, but I am having problems doing so. Whenever I try to add a FrameWindow (using any layout, including TaherezLook), I get the following MessageBox:

CELayoutEditor Error
WindowManager::createWindow - A Window object with the name '[FrameWindowName]__auto_titlebar__' already exists within the system.

I've manually compiled the source release on the website using CEGUI 0.4.0 and 0.4.1 (and using the datafiles directory included with both of those packages).

Any idea what the problem is?

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Mon Mar 13, 2006 09:38

Hi Clay,

that's odd. I just tried myself with the current install (from the download page). No problems at all. I can add multiple FrameWindows to an existing layout, and can create a fresh layout with multiple FrameWinsows too...

Did you try the installer too, or are you on Linux? I cannot try the current cvs head now, but i will try tonight. It almost sounds like mixed up versions or something.

Good luck!

Clay
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Clay » Mon Mar 13, 2006 21:06

Actually this is the source package (this link) that I am using. The installer crashes (memory access violation) whenever I try to use it.

I have not tried CVS, because I couldn't connect to SourceForge last night. I generally try to stay away from CVS compiles unless I'm trying to submit a patch against the program.

Clay
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Clay » Wed Mar 15, 2006 18:14

A fresh CVS checkout/compile works perfectly. Whatever the issue is I think it's related to the older ZIP file there. Perhaps you should have that updated.

Fantastic work guys. Keep it up!

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Thu Mar 16, 2006 09:27

Hi Clay,

sorry to hear the zip is outdated. I will check it out, since i updated it pretty recently :?

I'm happy that it works now, and thanks for the compliment :-)

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”