A message to Van

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

A message to Van

Postby scriptkid » Wed Jul 19, 2006 19:01

Hi Van,

i have started to work on.... <drums roll> tab control support from the editor. And a little voice in my head tells me that you might be interested in that ;-)

</sarcasm>

So my question is whether you have some ideas on how it should work/look in the editor. My first thoughts are these:

1. Just add tabs (TabPanes) with the "Add window" button, forcing the Add Window dialog to filter the possibilities based on the given parent. So this will result in a widget tree with TabPanes only (one for each available look).

2. Besides the "Add Window" button, place an "Add Tab" button, which enables as soon you select a normally added TabControl. This pops up a small version of the AddWindow dialog, in which you can only specify the name and the look. So not the entire tree.

3. When the user adds a TabControl via the AddWindow dialog (after pressing ok), open a "tab designer" window, such as MS Word's Table dialog, in which you can specify an initial number of tabs and some other settings.

I don't have a real favorite yet. The 3rd one might be nicest by design, but since there might be more uncommon scenarios (such as Menus) in the future, we might get a bit too many dialog screens.

The first option is both easiest and generic, since it just re-uses current functionality however slightly trimmed when handling uncommon widgets.

The second option looks like the first one, but might be a little more convenient since it only shows tab-related info. Not the entire (however small) widget tree.

Can you give some input on this? Others are of course welcome too! :-)
Thanks!

Van
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Re: A message to Van

Postby Van » Thu Jul 20, 2006 21:23

scriptkid wrote:Hi Van,

i have started to work on.... <drums roll> tab control support from the editor. And a little voice in my head tells me that you might be interested in that ;-)

</sarcasm>

I probably deserved that... :lol:

Since there are big widgets in the works for the near horizon I would probably just go with Option 1. It fits with the current frame work and is easiest to implement. I suggest that using the window list and automatically set visible/move-to-front the tab that is selected in the window. BTW, please make sure your code works with the TabPatch (which I hope makes it into RC2).

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Mon Jul 24, 2006 07:08

Hi Van,

thanks for your input! Okayi'll go with option one then. Pfew ;-)

The automatical stuff will in there definately. And when the tabcontrol patch makes it in, the editor will certainly support it. But thanks for the heads-up!

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”