CEImagesetEditor - Now official tool!

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

martignasse
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Postby martignasse » Wed Feb 07, 2007 07:51

wow cool,

i think i'll test that this afternoon.

keep up the good work

spannerman
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby spannerman » Wed Feb 07, 2007 18:10

I missed this post first time round. Wow, looking really good man keep up the great work!

Colbey
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Colbey » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:39

Really cool piece of kit your developing here drumicube.

I've just been playing around with it this morning and noticed that you haven't got support for the XOffset or YOffset...

Other than that this is a really nice tool, brilliant for me as an artist to be able to define my imagesets so easily and even better to see how the interface will look without hassling the programmer. :wink:

kungfoomasta
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby kungfoomasta » Fri Mar 09, 2007 19:41

drumicube, any update on this? I'm really looking forward to this tool, although I'm still ironing out basic functionality for my project.

KungFooMasta

drumicube
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby drumicube » Sat Mar 10, 2007 09:51

Hi !
Well, not really and there's two reasons for that:
  • I found a new job, and it's taking me quite some time.
  • I'm totally alone on this, and I was expected CreazyEd to be back in early 2007 for tech support or advices, we're in March and still no news...

I'm not giving up, but don't expect any update from myself before April, I have really no free time for this, right now... :cry:

Evak
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Evak » Fri Apr 13, 2007 17:03

this is a nice tool. My one complaint is that if you had your script layed out a certain way, when saved the order of the images is messed up.

This can make it hard to find images that relate to the same gadget.

Normaly when I write the scripts manualy I'd have all the button edges and middle in a single block with a line seperating that block from the next block of say menubar images.

It's a lot easier to read this way than to have them mixed up in a random order.

Otherwise this is a fantastic tool :) So much better than the one I tried to use in the middle of last year.

drumicube
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby drumicube » Wed Apr 25, 2007 21:04

Thanks for the nice words Evak.
The sad news is I not so confident with the future of cegui, and I'm really wondering if I should continue...
After weeks of lonely work, not even one line of code had been integrated in the SVN version... :roll:
I'm still wondering if I'm contributing to CEGUI or forking it !

More over, it also looks like Ogre is moving to his own GUI system:
http://www.ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30983

Honestly, right now I'm more on this Ogre stuff.
Unless the CEGUI team is waking up, I won't continue this...

kungfoomasta
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby kungfoomasta » Fri Apr 27, 2007 00:02

Sorry about this, I did not contribute anything either. I actually looked into BetaGUI and decided to roll my own. (How does everybody know of BetaGUI and not SimpleGUI? :? )

Good luck to the CEGUI team!

KungFooMasta

jacmoe
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Postby jacmoe » Thu May 10, 2007 19:01

I think this tool is the single most important CEGUI feature to be had.

I agree that the CEGUI team ought to wake up a bit and make sure that drumicubes work gets committed.
We all know that the CEGUI team members are hard pressed for time, and that the project lead left ...
But still.. :wink:

Evak
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Evak » Sat May 12, 2007 23:22

There is quite a lot of CEGUI Dev going on in the Ogre community at the mo. Were sticking with CEGUI for now though.

Just this week we started FlowED for our ogrewrapper for blitzmax so the setting up of scenes in ogre is as easy as in Blitz3D.

I used the imageset editor extensively and couldn't do without.

The layout editor is a bit problematic since I'm trying to do a pixel perfect non scaling UI, and keeping gadgets a fixed size is kind of tricky.

For anyone that uses ogre this is actualy an ofusion .OSM editor :)

mba
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby mba » Wed Jun 27, 2007 13:24

Hi drumicube -

I know that you probably are not going to continue work on this editor, but I just had to express my gratitude for this absolutely great work!!! - this is exactly what cegui needs, as jacmoes stated, a fully functional, easy to use and last but not least, an easy to install imageeditor on linux.
Downloaded from the last link you gave, unzipped it on my old debian, ran bootstrap, configure and make install and low and behold: a really really nice editor.
If I had this tool when I made the skin I'm using know it would had spared me a lot of work.

Kind regards
Martin Bang Andersen

ldb
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby ldb » Thu Jun 28, 2007 01:18

drumicube

the screenshots of the wxAUI implementation of your editor (CESkinEditor) looks very cool!

i am currently working on a tool using wxAUI myself, and would be very interested in seeing the source code for CESkinEditor so that i could possibly integrate it into my tool.

i would basically like to pick up where you left off with CESkinEditor. it would be a shame to see such a great tool not get used, and the wxAUI implementation you made looks very promising. if you have the time perhaps we could continue work on it together.

thanks!
No matter where you go, there you are.

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”