[SOLVED] CEGUILayoutEditor - sets visible to false

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Jabberwocky
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

[SOLVED] CEGUILayoutEditor - sets visible to false

Postby Jabberwocky » Wed Feb 06, 2008 09:49

I'm using CEGUILayoutEditor 0.6.

This is quite an improvement of 0.5 - particularly in the resizing and movement of widgets. Well done!

One bug I've noticed is that once in a while (I haven't been able to figure out exactly when yet), the layout editor suddenly assigns:
<Property Name="Visible" Value="False" />
to all sibling widgets within a certain level of the UI. Then I have to manually go back and change all these values back so I can see my widgets again.

Another quirk is that when you copy and paste a widget, not all the properties get copied over. FrameEnabled and BackgroundEnabled are two examples - if the original widget has these set to false, the new widget will have these set to true.

Thanks for the tool work! It's very much appreciated.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Wed Feb 06, 2008 13:06

Hi and welcome,

thanks for mentioning these issues! :) They have been added to the bug tracker.
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

Evak
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Evak » Fri Feb 15, 2008 22:21

I have figured out how to reproduce this bug.

I've been working on a world editor, and we just integrated it into our game. So I started rearranging the layout to a simpler one. Hiding the widgets works fine.

However, when you pick one of the hidden widgets in the Browse layout view in the Main Dialoge. Then frame windows and visible buttons in the framewindow you are editing disappear and the hidden one you selected in the browse layout panel becomes visible.

So things are a bit messed up for me at the mo. Hope this helps...

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Mon Aug 18, 2008 20:29

It's been a while, but this bug has been fixed in SVN :)

Jabberwocky
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby Jabberwocky » Fri Nov 07, 2008 08:34

Cool, thanks!
The Salvation Prophecy
Space Combat. Planet Exploration. Strategic Domination.

Evak
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Evak » Mon Nov 17, 2008 19:50

Hmm, I'm using the 0.61 b version and it still has a visibility problem.

If I make one of my frame windows visible =false then it works as expected and it becomes hidden.

HOWEVER: when I want to make it visible again and select it in the Browse Layout tree view it becomes visible and the rest of the UI becomes invisible.

Now when I select any framewindow in the tree view it becomes visible and the previously selected FW disappears. Looking in the object properties it turns out that ALL the FW's that were supposed to stay visible now have visibility set to false :(.

Any chance this can be fixed? It's the one thing that makes the editor very tricky to use effectively in a UI that has layers of framewindows that pop up in the center of the screen depending on what your doing :(.

Unfortunately being an artist means that there isn't much chance of me dabbling in the code and figuring out how to fix it.

Just looked closely and it looks like the current precompiled work in progress one is dated from August.. Any chance it can be updated to a newer version?

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Tue Nov 18, 2008 07:48

Hi Evak,

it can just be that i fixed that after the 0.6.1 release. I will see if i can upload a new development-binary somewhere tonight. Our SF restrictions have changed a bit, so i need to find the best solution.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Evak
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Evak » Tue Nov 18, 2008 17:57

Thanks Scriptkid would appreciate it a great deal.

Working on a scene editor for Ogre at the moment and allthough this is 800x600 to fit in the forum better you can see how its pretty hard to work on when the hide function doesn't work.

Especially when your trying to use absolute pixel coords. The editor has really come a long way in the last couple or years since we started using CEGUI. Thanks for all the hard work :)

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Fri Nov 21, 2008 09:12

Hi Evak,

yeah i can understand that's this visibility bug makes working with such layouts pretty uncomfortable!

Anyway, i managed to upload a new version. I put in on SF, but it's just a zip with binaries. For the actual new release we will update the installer + sources and such.

Here it is: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=641859. For safety, you might unzip into a new directory first, and test it with your current INI file, before overwriting your current version.

About the fix: if you select a hidden widget from the tree, it pops back to visible.

HTH! :)

Evak
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Evak » Fri Nov 21, 2008 15:45

Thanks Scriptkid. Just woke up and gave the updated version a quick spin. Works a treat and also fixed the error notification dialogue that always used to appear on startup. The editor feels much more polished now and the hide visibility is working very intuitively :)

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:59

Hi,

That's great to hear! I think you are referring to the background error, which was a stupid copy & paste bug :oops:

It's good to get feedback from people who use the editor dayly :)

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”