Crash on menu item deletion

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

daves
Home away from home
Home away from home

Crash on menu item deletion

Postby daves » Tue Apr 01, 2008 14:57

The following crash is 100% repeatable.

When the editor first comes I create a menubar. This menubar has three default menu items:

I click on the "Help" menu item, and then I click on delete to delete it.

I then click on the "Edit" menu item since I want to delete it as well.

The editor immediately crashes:

Is this a known bug?

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 19:08

Hi,

I looked on Mantis and nothing similar is on there at the moment, I have not got the time to do anything tonight, such as confirming the issue or adding a ticket!

Definitely sounds like a pretty major issue, I'm surprised it did not come up before (maybe it has, but I just did not see it).

CE.

daves
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby daves » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:49

CrazyEddie wrote:Hi,

I looked on Mantis and nothing similar is on there at the moment, I have not got the time to do anything tonight, such as confirming the issue or adding a ticket!

Definitely sounds like a pretty major issue, I'm surprised it did not come up before (maybe it has, but I just did not see it).

CE.

CE,
I quite understand your "hefty schedule".

Just a couple thoughts for when you have a couple minutes to reproduce the problem.

It may have something to do with the configuration with which I use the editor. The two things that I do which might relate are:
1] All my looknfeel, scheme, and imageset files are in a single directory
2] I use a custom scheme "SVTLook" as opposed to WindowsLook or TaharezLook.

Of course, I realize that CEGUI is all about "using custom schemes", and yet perhaps there is something in the editor that is reliant on one of the "cegui sample schemes" - TaharezLook in particular.

Also please keep in mind the, potentially related issue, that I have highlighted in the following thread:

http://www.cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopi ... highlight=

The startup issue that I highlight at the bottom of this thread still persists. It may be that the crash is then caused do to a corrupted state that the application gets into.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 13:30

Thanks a lot for the extra information. I'll definitely get around to some CEGUI related work this coming weekend.

There's this pesky "real life" thing that keeps getting in the way of things during the week!

CE.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Sun Apr 06, 2008 16:49

Hi,

I have investigated this a little and can (obviously) confirm it as a bug in the editor. I have added it to mantis: http://www.cegui.org.uk/mantis/view.php?id=182

It actually seems quite an, err... "interesting" issue - hopefully I will not be the one who has to fix it :lol:

CE.

daves
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby daves » Mon Apr 07, 2008 13:42

Glad you could reproduce. Is the layout editor a multi-thread application?

I ask since I have seen a couple of issues arise in my own application (which indeed is multi-thread) that seem to relate to synchronization issues on object deletion.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Apr 08, 2008 09:00

As far as I know, the editor is not multi-threaded, no. Though the issue does definitely seem related somehow to the order of events once the menu / item has been deleted.

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”