[CELayoutEditor] Annoyances...

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

[CELayoutEditor] Annoyances...

Postby Jamarr » Mon Jun 23, 2008 18:03

First off, whenever I startup CELayoutEditor I get the following exception:
Description: Error
Exception Location: EditorDocument::SetActiveLayout
Exception Message: WindowFactoryManager::getFactory - A WindowFactory object, an alias, or mapping for 'TaharezLook/StaticImage' Window objects is not registered with the system
Exception Filename: \Projects\CEGUI\cegui_mk2-v0-6-2003\src\CEGUIWindowFactoryManager.cpp
Exception Line: 123

I believe this is happening because I don't have the TaharezLook layout in my datafiles directory; I only have a single, derived version of this layout which happens to be using a different name. I believe that the CELayoutEditor could probably be updated to use the first layout it comes across, instead of specifically looking for the TaharezLook layout?

Second, I don't believe that a 'DefaultWindow' should be a required element when making a new layout; currently, the Root window is always a 'DefaultWindow' and you have to manually edit the .layout file to change this. The way my project is setup, is I have a separate .layout file for each type of window (FrameWindow based). When CEGUI is initialized, I create a single DefaultWindow and use that as my GUISheet. I then load/attach my FrameWindows (which are each defined in separate .layout files). Currently, for each window I create, I have to go into the .layout file and delete the Root/DefaultWindow and this is somewhat annoying. The CELayoutEditor still loads the .layout files fine even after deleting the Root window - why not allow this behavior in the editor itself? For some reason, it won't let me delete the Root window in the editor :(

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Tue Jun 24, 2008 07:38

Hi,

Good points. The image exception is a mistake on my end, and will be fixed in 0.6.1. You are not the first to mention the 'root' issue, so i guess we should make that optional, or remove that behavior at all...
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

dewyatt
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby dewyatt » Wed Jul 02, 2008 01:55

Just thought I'd add in a few points:
-It seems grid alignment does not work at all. Maybe it hasn't been implemented, in which case the menu item should probably be disabled.
-A few times I've had the File->Save item disabled even though I have modified things.
-When the alignment of a window is changed, it does not update until I drag it with the mouse.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Sat Aug 02, 2008 15:22

FYI: the root window is now optional (the editor will prompt you with a question). The first window which you add will become the root though. This solves all request i hope. Because if you want multiple parent siblings, you'd pick a root. And if you only have one parent window per layout, you might skip the root.

An in-progress version (no official release) of the editor can be found here:
http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/ ... oads_0.6.0

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Thu Mar 19, 2009 09:25

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”