CELayoutEditor.ini. Where?

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

jorrit5477
Just popping in
Just popping in

CELayoutEditor.ini. Where?

Postby jorrit5477 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 22:44

Hi,

I just started out using the editor, very nice and helpful tool.
At first I set the data path to a value as requested in a popup window. After that I had to figure out the directory structure which is forced to use (what is the structure actually, I can't find it in the manual?)

But now I want to point the editor to another data path. I have searched the forum and read about the CELayoutEditor.ini file. But I can't find this file. Is the path set somewhere else (registry?). I feel kind of dumb I must say :oops:

Regards,
Jorrit

Edit: I use CELayoutEditor 0.5, since this is the CEGUI version Ogre is using.
Edit2: Mmm, I am on Vista :? . Running the application as admin (no, I didn't turn off UAC) makes the application write an .ini file. But this still hasn't answered the question where the data path was written when I ran the application as a non-admin. :?

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Mon Jul 28, 2008 07:16

Hi,

i think that Vista has stored your other INI file in a VirtualStore: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5538#toc3

This line seems important:
"C:\Users\<your_account>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\<application>\Setup.ini"

The editor's datapath has already lead to numerous confusion moments amongst users. Therefor the latest release (0.6.1) includes a default setup. But that doesn't help you right now :)

A valid datafiles directory can for example be found in the Cegui samples directory. But this directory setup isn't a standard, you can choose whatever you feel comfortable with. However you need to set each path (ini file) to the correct directory.

HTH.
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

jheld
Just popping in
Just popping in

Re: CELayoutEditor.ini. Where?

Postby jheld » Thu Sep 03, 2009 03:42

OKay Vista users, here's a little extra--

You have to change the ini file as scriptkid says. The path is correct. But unfortunately, the layout editor will reinstate the default path every time ceguiLayoutEditor loads. Or is this happening from somewhere in Vista? Either way, your options are,

1/ re-change the ini file to the path you want after every startup of the editor (blech)
2/ work frm the editor's default path, then cut & paste the results to the path you want

Annoying yes, but using the editor is still heaps better than making layouts by hand (and calibrated eyeball)
-Jason

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Thu Sep 03, 2009 06:51

Ah, silly me. The editor will indeed try to load the ini file in its startup folder, and then find out there isn't any. I need to update the editor not to read & write in its own directory. A quick seach came up with this: http://docs.wxwidgets.org/trunk/classwx ... paths.html

I will give that a go soon, since i am already in editor mode because of the upcoming 0-7 release :)

HTH.
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

jheld
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby jheld » Thu Sep 03, 2009 14:39

Thanks scriptkid! Looking forward to 0-7. I can live with a little cut & paste until then :)

btw...it might also be a permission issue with some users. If their drive is protected, vista auto-sends it to the magic invisible folder.

Cheers
Jason

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”