[CELayoutEditor] 6.2 Select layout isn't cool

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Armitage1982
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

[CELayoutEditor] 6.2 Select layout isn't cool

Postby Armitage1982 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 15:53

Hi
First of all thanks for this nice application : very useful !

Unfortunately I'm not using CEGUI in C++ but in a wrap made by Brucey at BlitzMax.

And since I need to change the relative path in every asset of the data folder I can't use correctly the new feature of CELayoutEditor : the layout selector (ctrl+o fort short).

Hopefully I can fake the old open way by changing the CELayoutEditor.ini CurrentLayout property but it's very annoying :(

Please, could you think about adding the old open dialog box for loading layout file in the next CELayoutEditor version ? I would appreciate very much :)

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Thu Dec 25, 2008 15:53

Hi,

together with a fix, i changed the loading of layouts for a bit. This means that 'CurrentLayout' is now only a filename, and the editor will add the layoutPath (also an INI setting) to it. That means that the editor will now load all files through a cegui resource path.

Besides that, i am still thinking about bringing back the old way to load layouts.

HTH.
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

Evak
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Evak » Mon Dec 29, 2008 00:50

we just released flow ogre wrapper for blitzmax which uses a standard cegui resource tree and needed to open a layout for another project.

now that it has an installer with 6.2 I'm having problems. Previously you just deleted the .ini file and it would ask you for your GUI root directory.

Unfortunately in vista, deleting the .ini does no such thing and always reverts to the firt GUI dir you loaded from. I asume another ini was put elsewhere by vista, just can't find it.

Otherwise it the layout editor works great. Just can't change projects as it always defaults to the first path it successfully loaded after install.
Last edited by Evak on Mon Dec 29, 2008 01:15, edited 1 time in total.

Evak
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Evak » Mon Dec 29, 2008 01:14

BTW I managed to sort out the .ini problem.

The problem was caused by the installer defaulting to program files which is read only in vista. Vista would not allow the layout editor ini to get written in there and it created it somewhere else. (never found it)

I reinstalled CEGUI Layout editor in Users/my name/appdata/roaming/

which is supposed to be the correct place for all such files in vista. After that editing the .ini works just fine for changing paths.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:06

Hi Evak,

Glad to hear that you have found the issue. The ini file has been placed in an AppData folder as well, somewhere like:

C:\Users\<your_account>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\CELayoutEditor\Setup.ini

This is a good (short) read about the subject:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5538#toc3

Btw nice project you got there, i read about it on the Ogre forums a few time already!
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”