widget in GroupBox is not saved by LayoutEditor

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

westpointer
Just popping in
Just popping in

widget in GroupBox is not saved by LayoutEditor

Postby westpointer » Sun Apr 19, 2009 02:39

I use CELayoutEditor 0.6 to edit my layout, but I find that whatever widget I add as the child of a GroupBox is not saved
even I save the layout by pressing File/Save or File/Save As. I also tried CELayoutEditor 0.6.2, but still doesn't work :(

I thought it is a bug of the editor until I also see a post here
http://www.cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3562&p=16064&.
So it seems GroupBox doesn't have
parent/child relation with the controls which appear to be inside it

If it comes to that, in my opinion, CELayoutEditor should really forbid adding child to a GroupBox to avoid false apperarance,
because in the CELayoutEditor's "Brouse layout" window it appears that the GroupBox has a child which is actually not how it works.

So, I have to add a widget in the same level as GroupBox, and then move it into the GroupBox.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Re: widget in GroupBox is not saved by LayoutEditor

Postby scriptkid » Mon Apr 20, 2009 07:56

Hi,

i need to double-check this, since in the other thread i seem to say that i fixed that. But obviously i didn't or not completely.

Thanks for the heads up on this :)

So, I have to add a widget in the same level as GroupBox, and then move it into the GroupBox.

Yes, at least that would conform to the 'leading' widget toolkits (mfc, wxwidgets and such).
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: widget in GroupBox is not saved by LayoutEditor

Postby Jamarr » Mon Apr 20, 2009 15:58

scriptkid wrote:Yes, at least that would conform to the 'leading' widget toolkits (mfc, wxwidgets and such).

I have always hated this functionality...and I blame Microsoft for it. It's a freaking GROUPBOX ffs! /sigh...
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”