Property grid view

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

gcarlton
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Property grid view

Postby gcarlton » Thu Sep 08, 2005 04:14

I've added a new patch that creates a window that lists all properties in a 2xN grid, similar to the .NET style we discussed previously. Clicking on a new widget refreshes the list, and changing any field updates the property back into cegui.

Bools and Absolute/Relative/Inherited values use a drop down list, the other fields can be typed in. It resizes itself fairly well, except that the columns don't resize when the window is resized - that is because hooking up an event listener to the window resize caused the sizers to stop working.

Multiple selection is supported. If more than one widget is selected, entries which are identical are shown normally. If a value differs across the selection the field is left gray and blank - typing a value in the field will set the value for all widgets.

Its a separate window, which is sort of like the photoshop style - I think its a better style than one window, and it lends itself well to being able to hide/show/dock the windows eventually.

Image here: cegui_props.jpg

The patch is checked in and tested. :)

The first thing you notice is that there are lots of ways of specifying the dimensions of a window!

gcarlton
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Re: Property grid view

Postby gcarlton » Thu Sep 08, 2005 04:22

Also, about tab settings. I normally use 4 with "keep tabs", but I saw apparent 2 tabs around in the existing code (?). For this reason in the patch the code has 2 with "tabs as spaces".

We'll want to standardize whatever is desired - which reminds me, what does cegui use? 4 or 2? Spaces or tabs? Obviously I prefer the MS default setting of 4 tabs, but whatever really. :)

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Sep 08, 2005 08:22

The main cegui code contains a mix of both 4-tabs and 4-spaces.

At some stage, I'd like to go through and do a reformat of all the code - to use all 4-spaces. The reason for this is because the source code then displays the same regardless of which editor the files are loaded into. Tabs are evil ;)

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Sun Oct 23, 2005 15:04

Hi gcarlton,

i finally had time to apply your patch!

I made some changes, the biggest being that the property grid replaces all current property stuff in the main dialog, in stead of opening a new dialog.

When i have done some more testing, i'll put it in cvs and create a new installer, so you can have a look :-)

Thanks again :-)

gcarlton
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Postby gcarlton » Sun Oct 23, 2005 23:37

Ok, let me know when you do and I'll get from cvs and check it out. Merging into one window sounds good - I've just been learning gimp and the "lots of little windows" style is actually getting a bit annoying.

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Mon Oct 24, 2005 06:53

gcarlton wrote:
Merging into one window sounds good - I've just been learning gimp and the "lots of little windows" style is actually getting a bit annoying.

Yeah, and besides, i just felt that the tree and the grid should be in one window, since they are so closely related.

I'll let you know when it's in :-)

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Sun Nov 13, 2005 20:32

At last, it's in :-) -- Not in CVS yet, committing fails tonight --

The main dialog now looks like this:

http://www.2dgame-tutorial.com/download ... tyGrid.PNG

Thanks, gcarlton!

Return to “Unofficial CEGUI-Related Tools”