CEImagesetEditor cannot show .tga file!

Help and discussion regarding skinning, themes, and other artistic content.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

iversion
Just popping in
Just popping in

CEImagesetEditor cannot show .tga file!

Postby iversion » Wed Aug 16, 2006 02:34

In order to make a new skin, I made a tga file. After then I used CEImagesetEditor to make an imageset file. But when I opened my tga file by using CEImagesetEditor, there is nothing shown in the editor
But my tga file is shown correctly in the photoshop, just as the TaharezLook.tga and WindowsLook.tga.
I don't why. Or is there anything to do with the saving format about tga?
Did anybody meet the same problem before?

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Wed Aug 16, 2006 07:52

Hi,

Are your texture dimensions a power of 2? You didn't get an error when opening the file, right?

Please let us know any issues, since this tool is still in a sort of alpha version ;-)

iversion
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby iversion » Wed Aug 16, 2006 08:46

Oh, yes. There is nothing wrong in the CEGUI log.
And the size of my tga is 522*205. Should I just make its dimension of 2, then it will works?
By the way,I should make clear that a blank area is shown when I opened my tga file by using CEImagesetEditor. Just like the picture shown before.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:05

Hi,

I can't see the picture posted in the thread. But yes, try making the source image dimesions powers of 2 (and after that, try making it square!).

Btw, you did not mention which version of CEImagesetEditor you are using - after our recent adoption of this project, there are now three versions of this same thing around now, the Martignasse binary, the tuan kuranes source version, and our own source in the SVN repositiory.

It helps us to help you if we know which of these is in use - especially if something turns out to be a bug, since we can only affect our own version of the tool.

CE.

iversion
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby iversion » Wed Aug 16, 2006 14:28

OK! Thanks!
Sorry to forget to mention the version, for I have little idea about the version.
I download the editor from the following thread:
http://www.cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopi ... eseteditor

Return to “Skins and Themes”