Preview: Ogre Sample Trays UI Recreation Skin

Help and discussion regarding skinning, themes, and other artistic content.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Preview: Ogre Sample Trays UI Recreation Skin

Postby CrazyEddie » Sat Jan 30, 2010 13:51

Hi all,

As part of something we have coming up sometime soon, I have created a new skin that mimics the new samples UI used in the Ogre samples. The imagery used is the original imagery from the Ogre distribution, and is used with kind permission of it's creator Zi Ye (omniter).

The skin is not publicly available as of this writing, but I thought I'd link in a couple of vids that I posted showing the skin in action in a couple of our existing sample apps.

This is the video I made from the TabControl demo immediately after finishing the skin:

And this is another one I made today, that is a reskinned Demo7:

CE.

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Re: Preview: Ogre Sample Trays UI Recreation Skin

Postby Jamarr » Tue Feb 02, 2010 17:49

Looks good. Do you know if this skin will be publicly available in the future?

As part of something we have coming up sometime soon...

Also, you're vague connotations intrigue me...
If somebody helps you by replying to your thread, upvote him/her as a thanks! Make sure to include your CEGUI.log and everything you tried when posting! And remember that we are not magicians!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Feb 02, 2010 19:57

Looks good. Do you know if this skin will be publicly available in the future?

Thanks :) The skin will definitely be publicly available. My current feeling is to hold it back until 'that which we have planned' gets under way, otherwise if it's out there before hand, it kind of devalues it as regards to the reasons it was initially created. However, once it is released, it will be available for use in other things also. :lol: with this level of doubletalk, perhaps I should move into politics?

Also, you're vague connotations intrigue me...

Basically, being a recreation of something from Ogre 1.7, we have planned something that is Ogre specific ;)

CE.

gjaegy
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby gjaegy » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:20

Hi,

this skin just looks great. I have seen it in the new Ogre 1.7 in action, is the samples browser application relying only on standard Cegui and this skin ?

Any plan to release it ?

Cheers,
Greg

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 14:41

Hi,

It's actually not this skin being used in Ogre 1.7 for the sample's UI and sample browser. Ogre is using a purpose built solution just for their samples now - though they still recommend the use of a 'real' GUI library for users own projects. This skin is actually a recreation of the look of their new samples UI system.

We do plan on releasing this skin for general usage, but not for the moment. The skin was created for some Ogre specific sub-project that we intend to hopefully get under way soon - once that's started the skin will be made available. We're not making it available earlier as we do not wish to devalue it as far as it's original purpose goes ;)

CE.

drivehappy
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby drivehappy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 03:28

Any updates to this? I would really like to use this skin in an open-source project ;)

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Postby Kulik » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:24

This skin has been released as OgreTray. Look for it in the stock datafiles.

Return to “Skins and Themes”