New skin coming up :)

Help and discussion regarding skinning, themes, and other artistic content.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

geomartsa
Just popping in
Just popping in

New skin coming up :)

Postby geomartsa » Sun Sep 26, 2010 20:39

So, i stumbled into CEGUI just today and after some inspecting and testing, i decided to give it a go with my project :D ... My artistic side told me to mess up with the skinning system; something very basic, but shiny too :) Right now i have no idea what i'm doing, but if i ever get this done, it'll be public as well :D

- Can anyone recommend a list of components i should definitely support in the scheme ?
- Does anyone with more experience than me want to put all the XML-stuff together?-)

Kulik
CEGUI Team

Re: New skin coming up :)

Postby Kulik » Sun Sep 26, 2010 22:18

wow :shock:

Really nice. I like the shadows and round corners. And I salute you for having the courage to dig through looknfeel XML :)

Looking forward to more of this, it looks very polished and professional so far.

EDIT: Just a little shameless plug 8) If you make the imagesets white and bright and modulate them with ColourRects instead of inserting colours directly into imagesets, you can do some nice progressions with the new animation system. For example when a mouse gets over a button, the button can gradually change colour instead of skipping from one colour to other.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 13:12

Cool. I like it too :D

CE.

uelkfr
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby uelkfr » Thu Dec 23, 2010 17:43

Cool. I believe that in future there will be tools like CELookNFeelEditor 0.8.0, CESchemeEditor 0.8.0 to help you with this hard work of .looknfeel understaning and custom editing. All should be visually editable. I personally imagine making Visual Programming studio, there you drag and drop Operators and Functions from Toolbars and place them on workspace and link them together. There are also a lot of premises for Visual Debugging, where you view the process's memory as visualized data, for examples, 1D array as function graph, 2D array as heightmap, linked list as linked list and so on. Like in the pass it was HEX viewing > data structure viewing > visualized data viewing. Omg, there i'm went? From admiration to some crazy dreaming.
helper to newbies

"i help you, dear newbie
but nobody helps me!"

Return to “Skins and Themes”