Serious Beginner Question - Simple Window/Tray

Help and discussion regarding skinning, themes, and other artistic content.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

JohnD
Just popping in
Just popping in

Serious Beginner Question - Simple Window/Tray

Postby JohnD » Tue Jul 26, 2011 21:25

I've just started getting my feet wet using CEGUI for a game project I'm working on. I need to create a custom UI (obviously) for this game, using some fairly simple widgets - at least in concept. I've been going through the Falagard Skinning documentation, and I'm having some trouble figuring out which Falagard Window Type best suits my needs, and what the minimum definition needed in a looknfeel file would be.

I'm trying to start with a simple icon tray, which will need to basically be a frame with a client area inside it for various other widgets to live. I don't think I need to use a frame window, as the tray should neither have a titlebar nor a close button, nor should it be movable or resizable by the end user. It doesn't need an active or inactive state of any sort. I don't want to just use a staticimage behind some buttons, because I'll need to create many different trays of different sizes.

I generally get the imagefile setup, and layouts don't seem to be too difficult. It's the pieces in the middle I'm having trouble figuring out how to define. Any help or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

We're using CEGUI 0.7.5 with OGRE 3D 1.7.

radical-dev
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Re: Serious Beginner Question - Simple Window/Tray

Postby radical-dev » Wed Jul 27, 2011 09:59

Hi JohnD,

this should be the widget you mean:

DefaultWindow
Base class intended to be used as a simple, generic container window. The logic for this class does nothing.
You should use a "Falagard/Default" window renderer for this widget.

radical-dev

Return to “Skins and Themes”