0.4 -> 0.5 Upgrade problems.

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

granx
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

0.4 -> 0.5 Upgrade problems.

Postby granx » Thu Nov 30, 2006 05:55

Hi,
I'm finally going through the pains others have already done when upgrading from the last release to the 0.5 release. I thought I had found a wiki page about this exact topic a long time ago, but I have not been able to find it now that I need it. If anyone knows of documentaton about upgrading, I'd sure appreciate it. :)

That said, I have a couple of errors in my .log file that experts might easily know the answer. The first problem is:
(Error) Exception: WidgetLookFeel::getStateImagery - unknown state 'SelectedPushed' in look 'ClearedHot/ToggleButton'.

From this you can tell that I have a custom looknfeel widget definition. I've mapped it as:
<FalagardMapping WindowType="ClearedHot/ToggleButton" TargetType="CEGUI/Checkbox" Renderer="Falagard/ToggleButton" LookNFeel="ClearedHot/ToggleButton" />

I'm not sure where to look in order to check if the "unknown state" is defined, or where I would add such a thing. Thanks for any advice about this issue.

---

Secondly, I'm also seeing this error:
(Error) Exception: There is no Property named 'NormalTextColour' available in the set.

It also complains about the properties named HoverTextColour, PushedTextColour, and DisabledTextColour. I'm pretty sure these are all related. The only place I use these property names is in my .layout file. They are used on the WindowsLook Editbox and RadioButton widgets. From the WindowsLook.looknfeel file, these properties seem well defined for these widgets. So, why do I see exceptions?

Thanks, -granx

granx
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby granx » Thu Nov 30, 2006 21:15

The problem was in my looknfeel definition. I had not correctly upgraded the widget definition to use "PropertyDefinition" instead of the old "Property" XML tags. I don't see either issue now, so that must have been causing my problems.

Habba
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Habba » Sun Dec 03, 2006 20:42

I'll just shamelessly use this thread, as the topic is same.

My problem is with loading fonts. In 0.4 I used to load fonts with Schema-file, like this:

Code: Select all

<Font Name="HorizonFont-12" Filename="HorizonFont-12.font" />

But now after I (finally) succesfully updated 0.4 to 0.5, my program crashes when it comes to this line:

CEGUI::SchemeManager::getSingleton().loadScheme((CEGUI::utf8*)"Horizon.scheme");

Removing the font from schema-file prevents the crash, but causes program to crash later, when the font is needed.

It appears that with 0.5 the way fonts are loaded is changed, but I can't find out how they should be loaded.

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby Pompei2 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 23:11

i can't help habba, but i also have a short question: I have upgraded from 0.5 RC2 to 0.5 and now, it seems events are no more fired, i mean i click on a button and the corresponding function is not called.
Did someone else have the same problem ? if not, i need no answer my question yet because I didn't look deeper in it, i'm missing time :(
sorry habba :)

granx
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby granx » Tue Dec 05, 2006 05:21

Habba,
From looking at GUIScheme.xsd, your XML seems valid. I think your .font file might have problems. Did you look to see if your .font file fulfills the requirements of Font.xsd ? Font.xsd did have some changes, so you might want to make sure you have the correct XML attributes in your .font file. Check your CEGUI.log file after you crash to know what was the problem.
Good luck, -granx

granx
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby granx » Tue Dec 05, 2006 05:26

Pompei2,
I had some problems with my ScriptModule when upgrading. Maybe you are experiencing the same. There were some new functions added to the ScriptModule interface and now I think you much register your function object names BEFORE parsing the layout files. This is different from previous behavior because you used to only need to have your function object names registered just before causing the event. So, 2 things you should be aware of.
Good luck, -granx

granx
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby granx » Tue Dec 05, 2006 05:47

I have another problem that I've noticed since the upgrade. My fonts do not resize when the display surface is modified. I think the most obvious thing to check is the property in the .font file, but I'm not sure what value it should have to create the effect that the font remains the same size in screen (pixels) values as the display surface changes size. Anyone know for sure?

Habba
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Postby Habba » Tue Dec 05, 2006 21:21

granx wrote:I have another problem that I've noticed since the upgrade. My fonts do not resize when the display surface is modified. I think the most obvious thing to check is the property in the .font file, but I'm not sure what value it should have to create the effect that the font remains the same size in screen (pixels) values as the display surface changes size. Anyone know for sure?

Autoscale?

I'm continuing updating my LookNFeel-files, and I have only one more problem concerning the update. For some reason my close-button insists on using the basic button graphics, instead of specified images. Inside my LookNFeel-file, at the FrameWindow I have this

<Child type="Horizon/SystemButton" nameSuffix="__auto_closebutton__">
  <Area>
    [Not important..]
  </Area>
  <Property name="UseStandardImagery" value="False" />
  <Property name="NormalImage" value="set:Horizon image:CloseButtonNormal" />
  <Property name="HoverImage" value="set:Horizon image:CloseButtonHover" />
  <Property name="PushedImage" value="set:Horizon image:CloseButtonPressed" />
  <Property name="AlwaysOnTop" value="True" />
</Child>

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby Pompei2 » Thu Dec 07, 2006 13:13

granx wrote:I have another problem that I've noticed since the upgrade. My fonts do not resize when the display surface is modified. I think the most obvious thing to check is the property in the .font file, but I'm not sure what value it should have to create the effect that the font remains the same size in screen (pixels) values as the display surface changes size. Anyone know for sure?

<Font Name="std" Filename="std.ttf" Type="FreeType" Size="12" NativeHorzRes="1024" NativeVertRes="768" AutoScaled="false"/>

This is what my font line looks like, and it seems to never resize.

The solution to my problem stated above, I remember it was another problem for my special case, just forg(e/o)t that :)

Return to “Help”