[CELayoutEditor] Detailed Build Steps for VS2003-5 (V1.5c)

Use this forum for:
- Discussion regarding unofficial CEGUI related tools, scripts and utilities.
- User to user help for the obsoleted CELayoutEditor and CEImagesetEditor tools.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

fjeronimo
CEGUI Tools Developer (Retired)

[CELayoutEditor] Detailed Build Steps for VS2003-5 (V1.5c)

Postby fjeronimo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 17:26

Hi all,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CELAYOUTEDITOR BUILD STEPS FOR VS2003-5 (V1.5c)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This small document details the steps needed to successfully build the latest TRUNK/HEAD version of CELayoutEditor against WXWidgets V2.8.* (source) and CEGUI latest SVN version, using VS2003 (7.1) or VS2005 (8.0) with SP1 in Windows XP SP2 and TortoiseSVN as the SVN client.

NOTE: For similar steps, but for the CEImagesetEditor, check http://www.cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2780.
TODO: Add to wiki!

This guide was built and tested in both VS2003 (7.1) and VS2005 (8.0) only! However, it is more than likely that most steps (if not all) will be valid for other versions of Visual Studio (7.0, 6.0).
NOTE (06/11/07): Please note that Visual studio 6 is no longer officially supported!

This is my particular way of doing things and reflects my own experience with CELayoutEditor builds. Therefore, it might not be the most correct approach. I hope it might be helpful still, especially to newcomers.

IMPORTANT NOTE (22/10/07): Due to recent SVN trunk changes to CELayoutEditor, the CEGUI binaries and zipped source found in the CEGUI download area can no longer be used to compile CELayoutEditor. The reason is that the editor requires changes that are only available (at this time) in the CEGUI SVN trunk.

History:
    NOTE: Dates use the dd/mm/yy format.
    - Version 1.5c - 10/12/07 - Added requirements section.
    - Version 1.5b - 07/12/07 - Updated guide to wxWidgets 2.8.7.
    - Version 1.5 - 06/11/07 - Guide now contemplates VS2003 as well. Added mention that Visual Studio 6 is no longer officially supported. Updated guide to wxWidgets 2.8.6. Added wxUSE_ABOUTDLG. Added splash screen. Some style modifications.
    - Version 1.4 - 22/10/07 - Added note about different VS versions and a few others explaining that you'll need to use CEGUI SVN (and not the binaries or zipped source) to build the CELayoutEditor SVN version due to recent changes (thanks go to daviticus).
    - Version 1.3c - 19/10/07 - Added recommendation about wxUSE_EXCEPTIONS.
    - Version 1.3b - 11/10/07 - Added note that VC++8 solution is already in SVN. Fixed incorrect setup.h paths. Added reference to CEImagesetEditor equivalent steps. Fixed incorrect URLs.
    - Version 1.3 - 09/10/07 - Corrected the SILLY DLL problem (thanks to dmail).
    - Version 1.2 - 26/09/07 - Added option to build CEGUI from SVN.
    - Version 1.1 - 15/09/07 - Added option to build CEGUI from source.
    - Version 1.0 - 13/09/07 - Initial release.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Be wary of concurrent installs of VS 7 and VS 8. If you are using VS 8, be sure to build all necessary solutions (CEGUI, WxWidgets and CELayoutEditor) using VS 8 and NEVER VS7. Otherwise, you'll get quite a lot of linker errors! The opposite also holds true.

0) REQUIREMENTS:
-----------------------

CELayoutEditor requires the use of some third party external libraries. These libraries are as follows:

This guide will offer detailed instructions on how to build them.

1) INIT:
----------

1. Close all instances of Visual Studio

2) CEGUI DOWNLOAD & SETUP:
---------------------------------------

NOTE: As mentioned above, the latest CEGUI binaries or the zipped source (0.5.0b at the time of this writing) can no longer be used to build the latest CELayoutEditor SVN. They are still presented below for reference purposes.

We now need to get the latest CEGUI SVN trunk version.

Build CEGUI binaries (reference only)
-------------------------------------------

NOTE: Use 'Build CEGUI SVN' below to correctly build the CELayoutEditor SVN version.

2.1 Download CEGUI 0.5.0b binaries for VC++ 8 or VC++ 7.1 from http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/CEGUI_Downloads_0.5.0.

2.2 Install CEGUI in desired directory.

2.3 Create an environment variable $(CEGUI) that will store the previous dir.
    2.3.1 Go to My Computer\Properties\Advanced\Environment Variables.

2.3.2 Press new in the user variables area.

2.3.3 Create a new variable named CEGUI and with the directory present in 2.2 as value (e.g. D:\Dev\CEGUI-SDK-0.5.0b-vc8).
Build CEGUI source (reference only)
------------------------------------------

NOTE: Use 'Build CEGUI SVN' below to correctly build the CELayoutEditor SVN version.

2.1 Download CEGUI 0.5.0b source from http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/CEGUI_Downloads_0.5.0.

2.2 Unpack previous zip to directory of your choice.

2.3 Create an environment variable $(CEGUI) that will store the previous dir.
    2.3.1 Go to My Computer\Properties\Advanced\Environment Variables.

2.3.2 Press new in the user variables area.

2.3.3 Create a new variable named CEGUI and with the directory present in 2.2 as value (e.g. D:\Dev\CEGUI-0.5.0).
2.4 Download CEGUI 0.5.0b dependencies for VC++8 or VC++ 7.1 from http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/CEGUI_Downloads_0.5.0.

2.5 Unpack dependencies to $(CEGUI) directory.

2.6 Go to $(CEGUI)\makefiles\premake and run build_vs2005.bat or build_vs2003.bat (these batch files use premake to generate the VS2005 and VS2003 solution respectively).

2.7 Open the generated $(CEGUI)\makefiles\premake\CEGUI.sln.

2.8 Build the solution in both DEBUG and RELEASE configurations.

Build CEGUI source (SVN)
-----------------------------

NOTE: I'm using TortoiseSVN as my SVN client for illustration purposes, but you can use anything you like.

2.1 In Windows Explorer, pick a directory of your choice and create a directory named CEGUI-0.5.0-SVN or any other name of your choice.

2.2 Right click in the previous directory and choose the TortoiseSVN right-mouse menu option 'SVN Checkout...'.

2.3 We want the HEAD version here, so use https://crayzedsgui.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/crayzedsgui/cegui_mk2/trunk as the 'URL of repository'.

2.4 Choose 'Head revision' radio button and press OK.

2.5 Create an environment variable $(CEGUI) that will store the previous dir.
    2.5.1 Go to My Computer\Properties\Advanced\Environment Variables.

2.5.2 Press new in the user variables area.

2.5.3 Create a new variable named CEGUI and with the directory present in 2.1 as value (e.g. D:\Dev\CEGUI-0.5.0-SVN).
2.6 Download CEGUI 0.5.0b dependencies for VC++8 or VC++7.1 from http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/CEGUI_Downloads_0.5.0.

2.7 Unpack dependencies to $(CEGUI) directory.

NOTE: Premake is not available in the SVN repository, so you'll need to download and install it

2.8 Go to http://premake.sourceforge.net/download.

2.9 Download the latest premake version for windows (at the time of this writing, premake-win32-3.4.zip).

2.10 Unpack premake.exe to $(CEGUI)\makefiles\premake or any directory in the system path.

2.11 Go to $(CEGUI)\makefiles\premake and run build_vs2005.bat or build_vs2003.bat (these batch files use premake to generate the VS2005 and VS2003 solution respectively).

2.12 Open the generated $(CEGUI)\makefiles\premake\CEGUI.sln.

2.13 Build the solution in both DEBUG and RELEASE configurations.

3) WXWIDGETS DOWNLOAD & SETUP:
----------------------------------------------

Time to retrieve the latest WxWidgets source version (2.8.7 at the time of this writing). This is a required dependency of CELayoutEditor and will need to be built later on.

NOTE: CELayoutEditor requires wxWidgets 2.8.* or higher. This guide has been tested with the following versions: 2.8.7, 2.8.6, 2.8.5.

3.1 Go to http://www.wxwidgets.org/downloads/ and dowload wxAll source archive for version 2.8.7.

3.2 Unpack the previous tar (wxWidgets-2.8.7.tar.tar) to a directory of your choice.

3.3 Create an environment variable $(WXWIDGETS) that will store the previous dir.

3.3.1 Go to My Computer\Properties\Advanced\Environment Variables.

3.3.2 Press new in the user variables area.

3.3.3 Create a new variable named WXWIDGETS and with the directory present in 3.2 as value (e.g. D:\Dev\wxWidgets-2.8.7).
4) CELAYOUTEDITOR RETRIEVAL & SETUP:
---------------------------------------------------

Instead of downloading a source or binary version, we'll retrieve the latest CELayoutEditor version directly from the TRUNK/HEAD of SVN. I did this because I wanted to work with the latest patches, but you might choose to use a more stable version if you prefer.

NOTE: I'm using TortoiseSVN as my SVN client for illustration purposes, but you can use anything you like.

4.1 In Windows Explorer, pick a directory of your choice and create a directory named CELayoutEditor.

4.2 Right click in the previous directory and choose the TortoiseSVN right-mouse menu option SVN Checkout...'.

4.3 We want the HEAD version here, so use https://crayzedsgui.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/crayzedsgui/CELayoutEditor/trunk as the 'URL of repository'.

4.4 Choose 'Head revision' radio button and press OK.

4.5 Create an environment variable $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR) that will store the previous dir.

4.5.1 Go to My Computer\Properties\Advanced\Environment Variables.

4.5.2 Press new in the user variables area.

4.5.3 Create a new variable named CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR and with the directory present in 4.1 as value (e.g. D:\Dev\CELayoutEditor).
5) CELAYOUTEDITOR SOLUTION CONFIG:
-------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE: As of 10/10/07, the VC++8 (VS2005) solution is already present in SVN, configured with the correct environment variables mentioned in this section. On 05/11/07, the VC++7.1 (VS2003) suffered the same fate. You can now skip to section 6 directly. This section is kept for reference purposes.

Let's prepare the build process. You'll notice that no CELayoutEditor solution exists for VC++8 (only for 6 and 7). So, if using VS2005, go to 5.1. Otherwise, open $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)\vc++7.1\CELayoutEditor.sln and go to 5.5:

5.1 Create a new directory named vc++8 in $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)

5.2 Copy the contents of $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)\vc++7.1 to $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)\vc++8

5.3 Open $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)\vc++8\CELayoutEditor.sln in VS2005.

5.4 When prompted, convert project to VC++8.

5.5 Right click the CELayoutEditor project in the Solution Explorer and choose properties.

5.6 Navigate to ConfigurationProperties\C/C++\General

5.7 Open the Additional Include Directories panel

5.8 Remove the following two lines - that refer to SVN relative paths where CEGUI is located and therefore not needed since our own paths will probably differ - in both Debug and Release configurations (top-left dropdown menu)
    - ..\..cegui_head
    - ..\..\cegui_head\include
5.9 We want to reference the CEGUI dir and include directories as well as the WxWidgets ones, so let's use our newly created environment variables. Add the following four lines in both Debug and Release configurations (top-left dropdown menu)
    - $(CEGUI)
    - $(CEGUI)\include
    - $(WXWIDGETS)\include
    - $(WXWIDGETS)\include\msvc
5.10 Navigate to ConfigurationProperties\Linker\General

5.11 Open the Additional Library Directories panel

5.12 Remove the following line, for the same reason as above in both Debug and Release configurations (top-left dropdown menu)
    - ..\..\cegui_head\lib
5.13 Add the CEGUI and WxWidgets lib dirs in both Debug and Release configurations (top-left dropdown menu)
    - $(CEGUI)\lib
    - $(WXWIDGETS)\lib\vc_lib
5.14 Navigate to ConfigurationProperties\Linker\Input

5.15 Replace the following lines (which refer to an older WxWidgets version)
    Debug Configuration

- wxmsw26ud_core.lib TO wxmsw28ud_core.lib
    - wxbase26ud.lib TO wxbase28ud.lib
    - wxmsw26ud_gl.lib TO wxmsw28ud_gl.lib

Release Configuration

- wxmsw26u_core.lib TO wxmsw28u_core.lib
    - wxbase26u.lib TO wxbase28u.lib
    - wxmsw26u_gl.lib TO wxmsw28u_gl.lib
6) CELAYOUTEDITOR INITIAL BUILD ATTEMPT:
-----------------------------------------------------------

Let's try to build our editor. We must first build WxWidgets, since it is a dependency.

6.1 Go to $(WXWIDGETS)\build\msw and open file wx.dsw in VS2005 or VS2003.

6.2 wx.dsw is a VC6 project, so it needs to be converted to VS2005 or VS2003. When prompted, accept the conversion by pressing the 'Yes To All' button.

6.3 Build the WX solution in 'Unicode Debug' and 'Unicode Release' configurations
    NOTE: This may take a while since the solution is quite big

NOTE2: The Wiki 'Getting Started' entry (http://www.cegui.org.uk/wiki/index.php/Getting_Started) mentions that no unicode is required, however the $(WXWIDGETS)\include\msvc\wx\setup.h references the WXWidgets unicode files
6.4 If you try to build the solution CELayoutEditor just yet, you'll notice that it will produce compile errors such as
    - error C2504: 'wxGLCanvas' : base class undefined d:\dev\ceguitests\celayouteditor\inc\editorcanvas.h 30
The problem lies in the fact that the WxWidgets dependency was built without OpenGL support, which is required for the CELayoutEditor

7) CELAYOUTEDITOR SECOND BUILD ATTEMPT:
--------------------------------------------------------

Let's correct the previous problem and try again.

7.1 Open $(WXWIDGETS)\include\wx\msw\setup.h and replace

Code: Select all

#define wxUSE_GLCANVAS 0
WITH

#define wxUSE_GLCANVAS 1

7.2 Open $(WXWIDGETS)\include\wx\univ\setup.h and replace

#if defined(__WIN32__)
   #define wxUSE_GLCANVAS 1
else   
    #define wxUSE_GLCANVAS 0

WITH

#define wxUSE_GLCANVAS 1

7.3 While we're at it, also check in the previous two files, if the defines wxUSE_EXCEPTIONS and wxUSE_ABOUTDLG are set to 1 (this is the default, so it should be on). This is mandatory and CELayoutEditor will not compile without it.

#define wxUSE_EXCEPTIONS 1

#define wxUSE_ABOUTDLG 1

7.4 Rebuild the WX solution in 'Unicode Debug' and 'Unicode Release' configurations.

7.5 Rebuild CELayoutEditor solution. Hoperfully, the build will be successful.

8) RUNNING CELAYOUTEDITOR:
--------------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE: As of 05/11/07, the VC++7.1 (VS2003) and VC++8 (VS2005) solutions have post-build steps that take care of the problems enumerated in this section. You should now be able to run the editor without any further problems. This section is kept for reference purposes.

If you try to run the application, errors will popup because the required CEGUI dlls are not present in the executable directory. So, do the following:

8.1 Copy the following files from $(CEGUI)\bin to $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)\bin\debug and/or $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)\bin\release depending on the configuration you are testing
    TO $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)\bin\debug (Debug configuration)
    - CEGUIBase_d.dll
    - CEGUIExpatParser_d.dll
    - CEGUIFalagardWRBase_d.dll
    - CEGUISILLYImageCodec_d.dll
    - CEGUITGAImageCodec_d.dll
    - OpenGLGUIRenderer_d.dll

TO $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)\bin\release (Release configuration)
    - CEGUIBase.dll
    - CEGUIExpatParser.dll
    - CEGUIFalagardWRBase.dll
    - CEGUISILLYImageCodec.dll
    - CEGUITGAImageCodec.dll
    - OpenGLGUIRenderer.dll
However, even when you copy all of the above files, the following error still refuses to disappear (example for debug file, in release the file changes to CEGUISILLYImageCodec):
    - CELayoutEditor:OnInit - Error: DynamicModule::DynamicModule - Failed to load module 'CEGUISILLYImageCodec_d': The specified module could not be found.
Despite the fact the dll is correctly placed at the executable dir.

8.2 As it turns out, the error message is not correct. As dmail explained (see post below), the GL renderer will dynamically load the the CEGUI SILLY DLL which in turn will load the SILLY DLL. And here lies the problem, since the application cannot find the SILLY DLL in the path. Therefore, the error message should be (for debug builds):
    -CELayoutEditor:OnInit - Error: DynamicModule::DynamicModule - Failed to load module 'CEGUISILLYImageCodec_d': The specified SILLY_d module could not be found.
8.3 Copy SILLY_d.dll and SILLY.dll from $(CEGUI)\dependencies\bin to $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)\bin\debug and $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)\bin\release respectively.

NOTE: You could also change the used image codec by opening EditorFrame.cpp in CELayoutEditor and replacing the following line

CEGUI::OpenGLRenderer::setDefaultImageCodecName("SILLYImageCodec");

BY

CEGUI::OpenGLRenderer::setDefaultImageCodecName("TGAImageCodec");

8.4 You'll notice one final error when running the editor: Missing splash screen. To solve it, copy $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)\src\bitmaps\splash.png to $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)\bin\debug or $(CE_LAYOUT_EDITOR)\bin\release depending on the configuration you're building the editor in.

8.5 Rebuild CELayoutEditor and run it. Everything seems OK now.

I hope you liked this little guide. Let me know what you think.
Last edited by fjeronimo on Mon Dec 10, 2007 17:33, edited 11 times in total.
Frederico Jerónimo
Ignite Games - http://www.ignite-games.com
Ignite Games Institutional Site - http://we.ignite-games.com

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:54

Thanks for writing down this clear step-by-step guide! I will add is as a link to the wiki page for windows users.

Thanks again :)

fjeronimo

Postby fjeronimo » Sat Sep 15, 2007 14:35

Thanks for the feedback and for the wiki link addition.

I've just updated the post to reflect a CEGUI build from source. But the SILLY codec problem still occurs. Do you have any idea why this is so?

Has anybody else tried this guide?
Frederico Jerónimo

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby Pompei2 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:39

I think this is a very nice (with colors and stuff) and useful guide to beginners, altough i dont need it i did read it :)
No idea about the silly lib error.

fjeronimo

Postby fjeronimo » Wed Sep 26, 2007 17:18

Thanks Pompei2. :D I've just updated the document to include the CEGUI SVN build.
Frederico Jerónimo

dmail
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Postby dmail » Tue Oct 09, 2007 13:12

However, even when you copy all of the above files, the following error still refuses to disappear (example for debug file, in release the file changes to CEGUISILLYImageCodec):

-CELayoutEditor:OnInit - Error: DynamicModule::DynamicModule - Failed to load module 'CEGUISILLYImageCodec_d': The specified module could not be found.

Despite the fact the dll is correctly placed at the executable dir. Anyone knows why?

I have just had this problem myself whilst converting the renderers to be runtime plugable as opengl needs a codec. The error message is incorrect and confused me at first, the gl renderer will dynamically load the the cegui silly dll which in turn will load the silly dll. The error should be
-CELayoutEditor:OnInit - Error: DynamicModule::DynamicModule - Failed to load module 'CEGUISILLYImageCodec_d': The SILLY_d module could not be found.

Place SILLY_d.dll and SILLY.dll in the same location as the other dlls.

fjeronimo

Postby fjeronimo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 14:59

Thanks dmail for the clarification. I changed the document to reflect these changes. :D
Frederico Jerónimo

daviticus
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby daviticus » Sun Oct 21, 2007 17:19

I wish I had found this post sooner! I went through almost every step on here via trial and error, and still couldn't get it to work until your hints gave me the last steps.

Here are some additions from my experience:

First, after copying SILLY_d.dll to the appropriate directory I still ran into the error "Failed to load module 'CEGUISILLYImageCodec_d': The specified module could not be found." (this is where I was stuck when I found this page). The issue turned out to be my version of Visual Studio -- I have 7.0, and SILLY_d.dll was compiled for 7.1, and hence relies on the debug binary msvcp71d.dll. That's the library it refers to when it says the module couldn't be found.

Sadly, I don't know any fix for this except to simply link against the release version of the codec (CEGUISillyImageCodec.lib). That fixes the problem for me, though.

Second, one of the intermediate steps I tried at your suggestion was to compile the newest CELayoutEditor source against the current CEGUI precompiled binaries. This ran into another problem though: in DialogMain.cpp there is a call to Window::setFalagardType, which seems to exist only in newer versions of the library. I don't know nearly enough about the library yet to suggest a code workaround, so I'd recommend just building the current CEGUI library. Fortunately, the CEGUI build itself was the easiest step in an otherwise difficult process, so this doesn't add much time.

Third, I ran into some segfaults. These seem to have gone undetected because they only appear when there is no .INI file (a situation most of the developers probably don't experience often). The problem is that if there is no .INI file, the editor attempts to log this fact, but the logger has not yet been created, leading to a NULL dereference.

Workaround: Open CELayoutEditor.cpp. In the logWarning function, change the line:

CEGUI::Logger::getSingletonPtr()->logEvent(StringHelper::ToCEGUIString(msg), CEGUI::Standard);

to:

CEGUI::Logger* logger = CEGUI::Logger::getSingletonPtr();
if (logger != NULL) {
    logger->logEvent(StringHelper::ToCEGUIString(msg), CEGUI::Standard);
}

and in the ModalMessageBox function, change the line:

wxGetApp().GetMainFrame()->SetFocus();

to:

EditorFrame* frame = wxGetApp().GetMainFrame();
if (frame != NULL) {
    frame->SetFocus();
}

There should be a more serious fix -- the logger should either be initialized earlier somehow, or it shouldn't be used before the rest of CEGUI is initialized -- but again, I don't know enough about the library yet to feel confident suggesting how to do it. If your goal is to get the layout editor compiling, rather than fix all the bugs, the preceding worked for me.

Thanks again for writing this up, hope these comments are helpful...

daviticus
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby daviticus » Sun Oct 21, 2007 19:30

Actually, using the release libraries was too limiting, so I kept playing around and found a much better workaround: link to the debug libraries as usual, but rename the *release* DLL from "SILLY.dll" to "SILLY_d.dll" and move that into your program directory. This way it still seems to work, and there is debugging information for everything except SILLY.dll itself (and there shouldn't be many issues coming from that library, I'd imagine).

fjeronimo

Postby fjeronimo » Sun Oct 21, 2007 23:28

Hi daviticus,

First of all, welcome to the community.

daviticus wrote:I wish I had found this post sooner! I went through almost every step on here via trial and error, and still couldn't get it to work until your hints gave me the last steps.

I'm glad it was useful. :)

As for the silly dll problem, I had similar headaches at first. The guide was built and tested with VS2005 and I'm glad that it worked out (for the most part) with VS2003 as well.

daviticus wrote:This ran into another problem though: in DialogMain.cpp there is a call to Window::setFalagardType, which seems to exist only in newer versions of the library.

The setFalagardType() function was a recent modification I did to CEGUI (see http://www.cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2766). I forgot that this would invalidate using the latest CELayoutEditor (SVN) with the CEGUI binaries or zipped source (which don't contain this function). I'll will add a note to the guide to explain this. Thanks for pointing this out.

daviticus wrote:Third, I ran into some segfaults. These seem to have gone undetected because they only appear when there is no .INI file (a situation most of the developers probably don't experience often). The problem is that if there is no .INI file, the editor attempts to log this fact, but the logger has not yet been created, leading to a NULL dereference.

Yes, I commited an update last friday and didn't notice the problem at the time. However, when I tried building CELayoutEditor today in a new computer, I ran into the same problem you did - like you said, it was an oversight due to the fact that most of the time the ini file is always present. I corrected it (the exact same changes you suggested - the fix is good because we still want to be able to inform the user that something went wrong even if CEGUI itself wasn't yet initialized) and committed the changes a few minutes before your post (talk about coincidence) at http://www.cegui.org.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2783 (scroll to the bottom). Just update your project from SVN and it should be good to go. :) Again, thanks for mentioning this.

daviticus wrote:Thanks again for writing this up, hope these comments are helpful...

They sure were. :)
Last edited by fjeronimo on Sun Oct 21, 2007 23:58, edited 2 times in total.
Frederico Jerónimo

fjeronimo

Postby fjeronimo » Sun Oct 21, 2007 23:53

I updated the guide with the suggestions you made daviticus.
Frederico Jerónimo

Pompei2
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby Pompei2 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:30

I think you should wiki this quide and the other one, so people can quickly find them. Maybe they should also be sticky'ed ?

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:44

Good suggestion, this message has been stickified. There is already a link on the wiki from the editor page.

fjeronimo

Postby fjeronimo » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:47

New update. Enjoy :)
Frederico Jerónimo

fjeronimo

Postby fjeronimo » Fri Dec 07, 2007 17:58

Minor update. :)
Frederico Jerónimo