vscroll thumb issues. [Solved]

Help and discussion regarding skinning, themes, and other artistic content.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

ara
Just popping in
Just popping in

vscroll thumb issues. [Solved]

Postby ara » Mon Aug 04, 2008 01:17

ok. so i tried to use a static text and got the message

Code: Select all

04/08/2008 11:00:15 (Std)    CEGUI::System singleton created.
04/08/2008 11:00:15 (Std)    ---- CEGUI System initialisation completed ----
04/08/2008 11:00:15 (Std)    ---- Version 0.6.0 ----
04/08/2008 11:00:15 (Std)    ---- Renderer module is: CEGUI::OpenGLRenderer - Official OpenGL based renderer module for CEGUI ----
04/08/2008 11:00:15 (Std)    ---- XML Parser module is: CEGUI::ExpatParser - Official expat based parser module for CEGUI ----
04/08/2008 11:00:15 (Std)    ---- Scripting module is: None ----

04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Std)    EditorDocument::addWindow - parent: 'IPAdd'(DefaultWindow), new child: 'IPAdd/'(bbUI/StaticText).
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Std)    ParentClass: 'DefaultWindow', newClass: 'bbUI/StaticText'
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Window 'IPAdd/' of type 'bbUI/StaticText' has been created.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning the window renderer 'Falagard/StaticText' to the window 'IPAdd/'
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning LookNFeel 'bbUI/StaticText' to window 'IPAdd/'.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Window 'IPAdd/__auto_hscrollbar__' of type 'bbUI/hscroll' has been created.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning the window renderer 'Falagard/Scrollbar' to the window 'IPAdd/__auto_hscrollbar__'
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning LookNFeel 'bbUI/hscroll' to window 'IPAdd/__auto_hscrollbar__'.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Window 'IPAdd/__auto_hscrollbar____auto_thumb__' of type 'bbUI/hscroll/thumb' has been created.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning the window renderer 'Falagard/Button' to the window 'IPAdd/__auto_hscrollbar____auto_thumb__'
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning LookNFeel 'bbUI/hscroll/thumb' to window 'IPAdd/__auto_hscrollbar____auto_thumb__'.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Window 'IPAdd/__auto_hscrollbar____auto_incbtn__' of type 'bbUI/hscroll/right' has been created.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning the window renderer 'Falagard/Button' to the window 'IPAdd/__auto_hscrollbar____auto_incbtn__'
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning LookNFeel 'bbUI/hscroll/right' to window 'IPAdd/__auto_hscrollbar____auto_incbtn__'.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Window 'IPAdd/__auto_hscrollbar____auto_decbtn__' of type 'bbUI/hscroll/left' has been created.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning the window renderer 'Falagard/Button' to the window 'IPAdd/__auto_hscrollbar____auto_decbtn__'
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning LookNFeel 'bbUI/hscroll/left' to window 'IPAdd/__auto_hscrollbar____auto_decbtn__'.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Window 'IPAdd/__auto_vscrollbar__' of type 'bbUI/vscroll' has been created.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning the window renderer 'Falagard/Scrollbar' to the window 'IPAdd/__auto_vscrollbar__'
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning LookNFeel 'bbUI/vscroll' to window 'IPAdd/__auto_vscrollbar__'.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Window 'IPAdd/__auto_vscrollbar____auto_incbtn__' of type 'bbUI/vscroll/down' has been created.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning the window renderer 'Falagard/Button' to the window 'IPAdd/__auto_vscrollbar____auto_incbtn__'
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning LookNFeel 'bbUI/vscroll/down' to window 'IPAdd/__auto_vscrollbar____auto_incbtn__'.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Window 'IPAdd/__auto_vscrollbar____auto_decbtn__' of type 'bbUI/vscroll/up' has been created.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning the window renderer 'Falagard/Button' to the window 'IPAdd/__auto_vscrollbar____auto_decbtn__'
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning LookNFeel 'bbUI/vscroll/up' to window 'IPAdd/__auto_vscrollbar____auto_decbtn__'.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Window 'IPAdd/__auto_vscrollbar____auto_thumb__' of type 'bbUI/vscroll/thumb' has been created.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning the window renderer 'Falagard/Button' to the window 'IPAdd/__auto_vscrollbar____auto_thumb__'
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Info)    Assigning LookNFeel 'bbUI/vscroll/thumb' to window 'IPAdd/__auto_vscrollbar____auto_thumb__'.
04/08/2008 11:00:29 (Error)   CEGUI::InvalidRequestException in file \Projects\CEGUI\cegui_mk2-v0-6-2003\src\falagard\CEGUIFalDimensions.cpp(273) : ImageDim::getValue - unknown or unsupported DimensionType encountered.
04/08/2008 11:00:33 (Error)   CELayoutEditor has detected and caught an exception. The following detailed info is available:

Description: Error
Exception Location: EditorDocument::AddWindow
Exception Message: ImageDim::getValue - unknown or unsupported DimensionType encountered.
Exception Filename: \Projects\CEGUI\cegui_mk2-v0-6-2003\src\falagard\CEGUIFalDimensions.cpp
Exception Line: 273

so i went and copied my hscroll thumb stuff over my vscroll thumb stuff as the hscroll thumb stuff seems to be working and changed a couple of values (the image referenced, nothing in a dim) and its still broken.

looks something along the lines of

<WidgetLook name="bbUI/vscroll">
   <Child type="bbUI/vscroll/thumb" nameSuffix="__auto_thumb__">
       <Area>
      <Dim type="LeftEdge" >
          <AbsoluteDim value="0" />
      </Dim>
      <Dim type="TopEdge" >
      </Dim>
      <Dim type="Width" >
          <UnifiedDim scale="1"  value="0"
         type="Width"
         />
      </Dim>
      <Dim type="Height" >
          <UnifiedDim scale="0.1"
         type="Height"
         />
      </Dim>
       </Area>

</Child>
</WidgetLook>
    <!--
    bbUI/vscroll/thumb
    -->
    <WidgetLook name="bbUI/vscroll/thumb">
   <ImagerySection name="norm">
       <ImageryComponent>
      <Area>
          <Dim type="LeftEdge">
         <AbsoluteDim value="0"/>
          </Dim>
          <Dim type="TopEdge">
         <AbsoluteDim value="0"/>
          </Dim>
          <Dim type="Width">
         <UnifiedDim scale="1" type="Width"/>
          </Dim>
          <Dim type="Height">
         <UnifiedDim scale="1" type="Height"/>
          </Dim>
      </Area>
      <Image imageset="bbButtons"
          image="vThumb"
          />
      <HorzFormat type="CentreAligned" />
       </ImageryComponent>
   </ImagerySection>
   <ImagerySection name="hov">
       <ImageryComponent>
      <Area>
          <Dim type="LeftEdge">
         <AbsoluteDim value="0"/>
          </Dim>
          <Dim type="TopEdge">
         <AbsoluteDim value="0"/>
          </Dim>
          <Dim type="Width">
          </Dim>
          <Dim type="Height">
          </Dim>
      </Area>
          image="vThumbHov"
          />
       </ImageryComponent>
   </ImagerySection>
   <ImagerySection name="pre">
       <ImageryComponent>
      <Area>
          <Dim type="LeftEdge">
         <AbsoluteDim value="0"/>
          </Dim>
          <Dim type="TopEdge">
         <AbsoluteDim value="0"/>
          </Dim>
          <Dim type="Width">
          </Dim>
          <Dim type="Height">
          </Dim>
      </Area>
          image="vThumbPre"
          />
       </ImageryComponent>
   </ImagerySection>
   <StateImagery name="Normal">
       <Layer>
      <Section section="norm"/>
       </Layer>
   </StateImagery>
   <StateImagery name="Hover">
       <Layer>
      <Section section="hov"/>
       </Layer>
   </StateImagery>
   <StateImagery name="Pushed">
       <Layer>
      <Section section="pre"/>
       </Layer>
   </StateImagery>
    </WidgetLook>

any idea why that works for my horisontal bar and not my vertical?

thanks again in advance.
Last edited by ara on Tue Aug 05, 2008 23:58, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 09:18

Hi,

I think that due to the error involving ImageDim which you've not used in these bits, there might be mal-formed XML somewhere. From a first look, these parts seem ok.

Can you post all the ImageDim lines you do have?

CE.

ara
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby ara » Tue Aug 05, 2008 00:06

All of them or all the possibly related ones?

from all vscroll

<Area>
      <Dim type="LeftEdge" >
      </Dim>
      <Dim type="TopEdge" >
          <ImageDim imageset="bbButtons"
         image="up"
         dimension="Height"
         />
      </Dim>
      <Dim type="RightEdge" >
          <UnifiedDim scale="1.0"
         type="RightEdge" />
      </Dim>
      <Dim type="BottomEdge" >
          <UnifiedDim scale="1.0" type="BottomEdge">
         <DimOperator op="Subtract">
            image="down"
            dimension="Height"
            />
         </DimOperator>
          </UnifiedDim>
      </Dim>
       </Area>

<Dim type="Height">
         image="down"
         dimension="Height"
         />
      </Dim>

<Dim type="Height">
         image="up"
         dimension="Height"
         />
      </Dim>

anything wrong with those?

going a little bit further through everything i found that i spelt dimension with a capital in one instance... but it didnt seem to die on it. ill re run it and if you want all of them ill take the file home and grep it.

Edit:
yup. just changed those caps to lower case and it still breaks. im going off the online docs so i am assuming that they are supposed to be lower case.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Aug 05, 2008 08:50

Those look ok.

I'm going to write something can can do external validation, it will not be the tool I spoke of previously, but something more lightweight. This way you (and others) will be able to validate the XML and be told where the issues or potential issues are. It's almost impossible for me to be able to say where an issue might be without the whole file (and I want to avoid everyone sending me their looknfeel files and saying "here, fix this!").

Which OS are you using?

CE.

ara
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby ara » Tue Aug 05, 2008 08:55

grep -C 5 ImageDim *.looknfeel > grepImageDim.txt

in other words, every line with "ImageDim" in it in every looknfeel file in my looknfeel dir with 5 lines of context either side.

whole 2000 lines. you dont have to go through that if you dont want to.

EDIT (2):
(and I want to avoid everyone sending me their looknfeel files and saying "here, fix this!").

yeah. i can really understand that. sorry about this.

im personally running linux, but im doing most of this work at school in windows XP. I would be happy with something that ran on either (or both).
though dont feel rushed to get it done. it would be an awesome feature but at the same time it wouldn't hurt use to use the vanilla stuff so its not he biggest deal.

Thanks a bunch Though

and yeah, unless you can think of something it could specifically be then really dont look through that link above. i know i really dont like the idea of it.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Aug 05, 2008 09:04

Thanks. I'll get something up and running very, very soon.

With regards the the the text file, search for 'dimension="Hight"' in bbUI.looknfeel (2 instances).

CE.

ara
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby ara » Tue Aug 05, 2008 23:58

thanks. that fixes that problem and gives me a completly different one. lol.

but that was easily fixed and now it works. thanks alot.

go my spelling!!!!

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:17

I've made an initial version of a command line tool to perform validation of our XML files. It's in subversion at:
https://crayzedsgui.svn.sourceforge.net ... tor/trunk/

Currently I've only tried it out on linux, and note that you need the Xerces-C++ library installed since this is used to do the validation.

I think this is ok for a "first draft" tool, I imagine we'll be able to polish this a bit more over time :)

CE.

ara
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby ara » Thu Aug 07, 2008 13:29

thats awesome. i can pass it files and it gives me a list of errors that are a heap more detailed than the layout editors or our projects log.

thanks.

Return to “Skins and Themes”