Release 0.6.0

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

daves
Home away from home
Home away from home

Release 0.6.0

Postby daves » Tue Apr 01, 2008 17:23

Congratulations on the release of 0.6.0.

I have one question.

As you drive towards the 1.0.0 release how do you envision the CEGUI Layout Editor evolving or not with the CEGUI distribution?

I personally would love to see the layout editor become a permanent, mature, component of the CEGUI system. I also believe that in its current state it represents a good starting point, but that it would probably need to support several categories of features in order to become the tool that we all want.

Anyways, grats again on the release. I am sure that I will be looking to move from 0.5 to 0.6 in the very near future.

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Apr 01, 2008 19:13

With regards to the future of the tools - they're definitely not going away, and will be added to and continue to be developed side-by-side with the main library.

There's not particularly a road map for the tools at present, though this is something that I think we'll be looking to sort out - especially when our main tools developer once again has some time to dedicate to their development.

CE.

Ralf/pdx
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Ralf/pdx » Tue May 20, 2008 12:11

Thanks for the new version and the huge amount of bug fixes! :D

By the way: Is there any special reason why the newest version of Ogre ( 1.4.8 ) still contains CEGUI 0.5?

scriptkid
Home away from home
Home away from home

Postby scriptkid » Tue May 20, 2008 13:07

Hi,

thanks for the kind comments :)

By the way: Is there any special reason why the newest version of Ogre ( 1.4.8 ) still contains CEGUI 0.5?

Considering Ogre's mature state regarding release cycles, and its pretty large userbase, i think that they probably want to make sure that updated dependencies are really worth the effort to jump onto.

Or it could have another reason entirely, such as too little time :)
Check out my released snake game using Cegui!

morg
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby morg » Fri Aug 08, 2008 21:02

Congratulations!!!. My engine was using CEGUI 4.1, I upgraded it to use CEGUI 6.1.

The upgrade was very straight-forward and painless.

CEGUI rocks!!! :lol:
I'd rather be compiling...

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”