Only runs in debug mode.

For help with general CEGUI usage:
- Questions about the usage of CEGUI and its features, if not explained in the documentation.
- Problems with the CMAKE configuration or problems occuring during the build process/compilation.
- Errors or unexpected behaviour.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

warwick1591
Just popping in
Just popping in

Only runs in debug mode.

Postby warwick1591 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 14:31

Hi,

So i have some code that pritty much creates a Irrlicht render with a irrlicht device that i have create

Code: Select all

IrrlichtDevice* device = createDevice(video::EDT_OPENGL, dimension2d<s32>(800, 600), 32,
         false, false, false, 0);
device->setWindowCaption(L"Test");

IVideoDriver* driver = device->getVideoDriver();
   ISceneManager* smgr = device->getSceneManager();

It crashes on

Code: Select all

renderer = new IrrlichtRenderer(device, false);
      new System(renderer);

My problem is it crashes only when i DONT run it in debug mode. It compiles fine and everything. Know of a reason why it would be doing this?
Im using VS9 with irrlicht 1.4.1 and CEGUIs VS9 prebuilt package

Jamarr
CEGUI MVP
CEGUI MVP

Postby Jamarr » Thu Aug 28, 2008 15:56

First, I have no experience with Irrlicht.

Now, does it crash when you create the Renderer, or the System object? You didn't specify. Also, the System object can throw exceptions from the constructor, you should put a try/catch block around it. Is there anything in your CEGUI.log file, or is it not created yet? Have you tried comparing/tweaking the differences between the compiler/linker settings for Release vs Debug builds? It's very possible that a particular setting works in Debug but not Release, such as 'Struct Alignment', etc.

Progger
Just popping in
Just popping in

Postby Progger » Fri Aug 29, 2008 13:26

My advice would be to compare the debug and release configuration DLLs in their release date since I had the same problem as I forgot to update the latest CUGUI release DLLs.
I hope it would help :wink:

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Postby CrazyEddie » Mon Sep 01, 2008 08:46

Not sure if it's important, but I think the prebuilt CEGUI libs were against Irrlicht 1.4(.0), so if there are binary breaks in the 1.4.1 update that might cause issues (I've not checked, so I don't know, but it's something to consider) - in which case you'd need to rebuild CEGUI against the updated Irrlicht.

CE.

Return to “Help”