Script Module

Forum for general chit-chat or off-topic discussion.

Moderators: CEGUI MVP, CEGUI Team

Banania
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Script Module

Postby Banania » Mon Oct 25, 2004 22:46

Hi,

I think I am gonna start using CEGUI very soon. The demos are very cool.

Is the scripting module working already ? I read some times ago that CE was experiencing some difficulties with luabind.... . I would like to know what this module became.
Banania

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Script Module

Postby CrazyEddie » Tue Oct 26, 2004 09:32

The scripting module I had written is indefinately on hold due to compatibility issues with luabind. To elaborate a bit more on this; luabind does not compile with gcc 3.4, there are issues with VC++7.0 and the native STL, there are a different set of issues with VC++7.0 with STLport. VC7.1 worked okay, VC6 needed the code to be butchered but it would compile.

In the end I had expended far too much time on this, and the result was a huge mess. The chances of luabind being used in the "official" scripting module are virtually zero. I will at some stage release the luabind module, though it will be largely unsupported and will not be compatible with all systems.

I am currently still evaluating other binding technologies and also other scripting languages for what will be fully compatible, and supported scripting modues for the system.

CE.

Banania
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Script Module

Postby Banania » Tue Oct 26, 2004 09:36

Thx.
Banania

CrazyEddie
CEGUI Project Lead

Script Module

Postby CrazyEddie » Wed Oct 27, 2004 09:07

Thanks for the toLua++ vote, this is one of the alternative binding systems that I'll be considering :D

Banania
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Script Module

Postby Banania » Thu Oct 28, 2004 09:06

I am currently trying LuaPlus for my own application.

The features are great and quite easy to use but I have a problem with registration of C/C++ functions into lua.

As it relies heavily on templates, I'm guessing it has to do with the VC6 compiler but I'm not sure.

I asked for help on the LuaPlus forum but still no answer. I'll let you know if I can get it to work.
Banania

Return to “Offtopic Discussion”